£18850 - £25040 per annum
25 days ago
We have a fantastic opportunity for experienced, enthusiastic and highly motivated Tutors/Unqualified Teachers to join a friendly and dynamic team at a Specialist Independent School in Frome. You would be supporting and educating young people aged 9-19 with emotional behavioural difficulties, complex Learning Difficulties, Autistic Spectrum Disorder and challenging behaviours.
Salary: £18,850 - £25,040 depending on experience.
Full Time, Permanent, Term Time only (39 weeks of the year)
About the School:
Aligning academic ability to pastoral and therapeutic outcomes is central to their work - inspiring students and staff to maximise interest, potential and personal achievement and facilitate success.
They follow a broad syllabus offering key skills, small classes and individual education programmes. Their creative and flexible learning programmes are regularly monitored and reviewed.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the management of student behaviour.
- To assist in the teacher development of appropriate syllabuses, resources, schemes of work, marking policies and teaching strategies in curriculum areas and departments.
- To teach students according to their educational needs, including the setting.
- To plan and prepare courses and lessons with oversight from teaching staff.
- Promote independent learning.
- Encouraging students to take responsibility for their own learning and promoting development of self-esteem.
- Promote social and emotional development of students.
- Contribute to health and well-being of the students.
- Must have experience of working with SEN and challenging behaviours.
- Must hold a Full UK Driving Licence due to the rural location of the setting.
- Must be aged 23 or over due to the requirements of the role.
- GCSE English and Maths.
- A Childcare / Education qualification would be desirable.
- Experience of working with people with ASD.
- Have an understanding of the importance of lesson planning, IEPs and learning objectives to contribute to learning.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Well organised and practical.
- Ability to diffuse conflict.
- Adaptable and flexible.
- Calm under pressure.
- Able to organise and deliver classroom activities.
- Able to deal with sensitive information in a confidential manner.
If this sounds like something you are interested in, click apply! Or refer a friend for up to £250!!