Stockport, Greater Manchester
Up to £9.55 per hour + Pension
about 1 month ago
Vetro Recruitment are working with a national care home provider to find a suitably experienced senior support worker to work in one of their established homes in Stockport on the night rota.
Working 8am - 8pm on an 3 on 3 off basis this role gives the opportunity for a good work life balance
Roles and Responsibilities
1. To provide the highest level of personal care and attention to residents, following individual care plans carefully and ensuring that all contact is polite, friendly, warm and supportive. To act as a key worker for a named group of residents, ensuring that these responsibilities are carried out in full (as defined in the training manual).
2. To understand and comply with statutory and legal requirements which are relevant such as Health & Safety, COSHH, all aspects of the Health & Social Care Act, to maintain a safe environment throughout the home. Understand and have an awareness of infection control
3. To participate in the formulation and maintenance of individual care plans for each resident and administer medication to residents as prescribed, accurately maintaining appropriate records for both.
4. To liaise with other care professionals relating to the care needs of the residents.
5. To always be alert to residents physical and mental well being, immediately reporting any changes in residents' conditions to a senior person on duty, and to accurately maintain and update residents' records as required.
6. To respect and maintain confidentiality of residents' personal information at all times, this includes residents' behaviour and actions and any incidents that may occur in the course of day to day care.
7. Be understanding and patient towards residents and their needs, and encourage, assist and support residents to participate in leisure activities as appropriate to the individual, ensuring their social and emotional needs are met. This also includes escorting residents to outside appointments and leisure outings.
8. Responsible for making and changing beds, tidying residents' rooms (with their permission) undertaking light cleaning duties as needed and generally assisting in ensuring that the Home is kept clean, pleasant and welcoming at all times.
9. Helping to serve meals and drinks at meal times and other times when required, taking care to present meals and refreshments in an appealing way, with polite and courteous service. To be understanding with residents who need assistance with feeding and provide the appropriate level of support and help.
10. To be an active and encouraging member of the care team, contribute to team meetings, ensuring good communication and participate in the induction and training of newly appointed care assistants, ensuring that the Home is a friendly and supportive working environment
Skills / Experience Required
· Experience of working in a caring environment
· NVQ2 in Direct Care
· Good numeric and literacy skills
· A warm and friendly disposition
· Good communication skills, able to put others at ease
· A strong team worker
· Supervisory/leadership skills
· Supportive and patient
· Reliable and punctual
· Willingness to develop new skills (to NVQ 3)
At Vetro Recruitment, we have over 25 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CSSIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.