Pontypridd, Rhondda Cynon Taff
£20008 - £21994 per annum + £35 per sleep & enhanced pay for overtime!
8 months ago
Are you a Senior Residential Support Worker who wants to make a real difference to the lives of young people with Emotional Behavioural Difficulties?
Vetro Recruitment is currently recruiting for a senior children's residential support worker to work in a settled 4 bed children's residential service in Pontypridd, supporting young people between the ages of 10 - 16 with EBD.
Salary: £20,008 - £21,994 + £35 per sleep and overtime paid at £13.35 - £14.67 per hour!!
Hours: Full time
Contract: Permanent - 156 hours per month
Shift pattern: 24 and 48 hour shifts
The organisation recognises that their success will be measured by the outcomes they achieve for the young people in their care. They aim to ensure that every young person fulfils their potential and leads an extraordinary life. The service is child focused and intent on delivering the highest quality of standards in an environment that is stimulating, nurturing and homely.
Our client works closely with the young people, their parents, carers and professionals to identify the strategies, resources and learning that will help them overcome their personal challenges and thrive. They strive to design and deliver individual care plans that will support the children achieve their personal objectives and promote significant life opportunities.
As a Senior Children's Residential Support Worker you will be responsible for:
- To encourage the young people to do activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- To keep the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- To be able to deal with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protect children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Provide support for the children and young people in the home and to promote their independence and well-being.
- Maintain a safe environment for the young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up to date knowledge of the individual's; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers and other professionals that may be involved in the young people's lives such as Psychologists.
- Experience as a Senior Children's Support Worker in a similar setting is essential.
- NVQ or QCF level 3 in Children & Young People
- You must be a driver as you may be required to transport the young people
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled ongoing face to face training and CPD planning
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage