If you have bags of energy and love to support others, along with a passion to lead within a team, then this is a great opportunity for someone to join this family as part of an organisation that supports its young people to live life to its fullest.
This organisation provides therapeutic, person centred care to its children, both inside the home and out and about in the community, so the successful candidate will need to drive and have their own vehicle in order to accompany the children on fun days out!
Salary: £24,000 - £27,000 (dependant on number of sleep in shifts completed)
Location: Alton, Hampshire (GU34)
Permanent: 42 hours per week
Shift pattern: 3 week rolling rota - 10 shifts in total across the 3 weeks (you must be able to work SOME weekend shifts and complete sleep ins)
- Working as part of supportive team
- Becoming part of a HOME
- Continuous training and development
- Pension scheme
- Healthcare Scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Full paid training and support to achieve QCF qualifications
- Employee Benefits through Perkbox
- Opportunity to win £150 every month!
About the Role:
The role of Senior Children’s Residential Support Worker involves working as part of the leadership team to support each child and staff member within the home setting. With duties including;
- To encourage the young people to do activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- Support the manager and deputy by training and mentoring staff
- Leading a shift and a staff team in a friendly and professional manner
- To keep the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- To be able to deal with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protect children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Provide support for the children and young people in the home and to promote their independence and well-being.
- Maintain a safe environment for the young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up to date knowledge of the individual’s; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers and other professionals that may be involved in the young people’s lives such as Psychologists
Key Skills Required:
As a Senior Children’s Residential Support Worker, you will ideally have;
- A positive outlook and enthusiasm for activities
- A high level of both mental and physical energy, in order to keep up with the children in the home
- A motivated, inspirational and dedicated work ethic towards the role
- You MUST have your Level 3 NVQ in Children’s Residential, or equivalent
- Have a full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle
Can you deliver a positive, compassionate and supportive approach to really making a difference to the lives of children?
If this sounds like your dream role, I would love to hear from you. Click ‘APPLY’ now!!
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.