This is an INCREDIBLE opportunity for a children's residential support worker to step up into a more senior role or for a Senior Residential Support Worker from the adults sector to move across into children’s services.
Supporting young people in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, you can enable them to develop socially, emotionally, and behaviourally in a setting where they feel safe and cared for. The role is challenging but incredibly rewarding! You will be committed, passionate, and able to engage, encourage, and mentor the young people, whilst having a whole lot of fun!
Getting paid to do arts and crafts, baking, football and cinema trips are a great perk of the job!
**Due to the nature of the job and the activities involved, we are only able to consider applicants who have a full drivers licence and a car**
Salary: £25,832 (inclusive of sleeps with plenty of overtime available!!)
Location: Llanelli, Carmarthenshire
Hours: Full time - on a varied rota pattern
- 33 days annual leave, company pension scheme plus a great benefits package
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled ongoing face to face training and CPD planning
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
- Perks reward and discount scheme
- Pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Commitment to your ongoing training and career progression
- Employee recognition scheme.
About the Role:
The main purpose of the role is to contribute to all aspects of the physical and emotional care of the children so as to promote their welfare whilst working in partnership with their family and other professionals. To take responsibility for the day-to-day running of the home in the absence of the Manager/ Deputy Manager. To provide experience and expertise in working with children and young people at the home.
- Encouraging young people to participate in activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age. You will provide support for the children and young people in the home to promote their independence and well-being whilst providing a therapeutic care environment.
- Ensuring the safety of the young people and maintaining up-to-date knowledge of the individual’s care plan, guidelines, reward system, and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically, dealing with challenging behaviours when needed, and maintaining a safe environment for young people.
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers, and other professionals that may be involved in the young people’s lives such as Psychologists.
- Protecting children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Keeping the homely, friendly culture and environment of the home.
Key Skills Required:
- Must have experience of working in a Children's residential setting or similar
- Need to be a driver - as you will be required to drive the children to school and or activities
- Must be over the age of 21
- You must hold the NVQ Level 3 in Children & Young People or equivalent
Can you deliver a holistic and integrated approach to care and really make a difference to the young people with Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties?
If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from you. Click ‘APPLY’ now and one of the Vetro team will be in touch.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.