Supporting young people in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, you will enable them to develop socially, emotionally, and behaviourally in a setting where they feel safe and cared for. The role is challenging but incredibly rewarding! You will be committed, passionate, and able to engage, encourage, and mentor the young people, whilst having a whole lot of fun!
We have a fantastic opportunity for a senior children's residential support worker to join a small, well established and settled children’s residential service in Aberdare. The site supports two young people with emotional and behavioural difficulties, whilst also providing a safe, nurturing environment for them to develop.
**Due to the nature of the job and the activities involved, we are only able to consider applicants who have a full drivers licence and a car**
Salary: £22,000 - £28,000 (sleep allowance included)
Permanent, full time role
39 hours per week
Shift pattern: 2 on, 4 off (OR) 1 on, 2 off
About the Role:
You will be joining an established and experienced care team as a Senior Children’s Residential Support Worker. This role is offered on a full-time basis, working on either a 2 on 4 off or 1 on, 2 off shift pattern which is inclusive of sleep-ins.
As a Senior Support Worker you will be responsible for supporting the management team and undertaking some supervisory responsibilities, whilst also having a hands on approach to supporting the young people.
Your duties, in summary, will include;
- Support children with EBD and challenging behaviours
- Supervisory responsibilities for the shift
- Provide a positive and therapeutic approach to support
- Ensure the service operates within OFSTED standards
- Key working with young people to develop confidence, self esteem and self worth
- Work with the staff team to ensure the young person has 24/7 support
- Plan and participate in activities with the young people
- Ensuring the home is a warm and welcoming environment
- 28 days annual leave, Company Pension Scheme
- Comprehensive training package including scheduled ongoing face-to-face training, Continuous Professional Development planning, and plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and support you in your career development.
- Social Activities.
- Free meals on shift.
- No two days are the same.
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of children and make a positive difference.
Key Skills Required:
- Experience as a Children’s Support Worker, or with Young People is essential.
- NVQ or QCF level 3 in Children & Young People is essential.
- You must be a car driver as you will be required to transport young people from time-to-time.
- You must be over the age of 21.
- Have flexibility towards shift patterns as weekends and bank holidays are worked on a rotational basis.
Can you deliver a holistic and integrated approach to care and really make a difference to the young people with Emotional Behavioural Disorders? If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from you. Click the ‘APPLY’ now and one of the Vetro team will be in touch.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.