£28000 - £31000 per annum, Benefits: Amazing Benefits Package!
02921 660 880
over 1 year ago
Your role will be to support the deputy and manager in the day to day running of the service, which supports young people between the ages of 11 – 16 with Emotional & Behavioural Difficulties (EBD) within an established provider that puts quality and the outcomes of the people they support and the very forefront of what they do.
Salary: £28,000 - £31,000 (sleep allowance included)
Location: Spalding, Lincolnshire (PE11 Postcode)
Hours: Full time (shift pattern is flexible, however, you must be able to do sleeps and weekends)
**Due to the nature of the job and the activities involved, we are only able to consider applicants who have relevant qualifications in Children’s Residential services and a full drivers licence and a car**
- Free meals whilst on shift
- Getting paid to play computer games and go to theme parks!!!
- Casual dress code
- Company pension
- 28 days annual leave
- Access to discounts for shopping outlets, restaurants and cinema’s
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled ongoing face-to-face training and CPD planning
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
As a Senior Children’s Residential Support Worker you will be responsible for:
- To encourage the young people to do activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- Support the manager and deputy by training and mentoring staff
- Leading a shift and a staff team in a friendly and professional manner
- To keep the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- To be able to deal with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protect children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Provide support for the children and young people in the home and to promote their independence and well-being.
- Maintain a safe environment for the young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up to date knowledge of the individual’s; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers and other professionals that may be involved in the young people’s lives such as Psychologists.
- Experience as a Children’s Support Worker in a residential setting is ESSENTIAL
- NVQ or QCF level 3 in Children & Young People is ESSENTIAL
- You must be a driver as you will be required to transport the young people from time to time
- You must be over the age of 21
If this position sounds of interest, please click "Apply". I will be in touch to talk about the role in more detail and your experience.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC GOLD accredited and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone