Your role will be to support the deputy and manager in the day to day running of the service, within a home for a provider that puts quality and the outcomes of the people they support and the very forefront of what they do.
We are looking for enthusiastic, resilient and motivated individuals who want to make a difference to the lives of young people; to enable them to develop socially, emotionally and behaviorally in a setting where they feel safe and cared for.
**Due to the nature of the job and the activities involved, we are only able to consider applicants who have a full drivers licence and a car**
Salary: £27,506 - £30,412 (sleep allowance included)
Location: Buntingford, Hertfordshire (SG9 Postcode)
Hours: Full time - 40 hours per week - Rolling rota (shift pattern is flexible, however, you must be able to do sleep ins and some weekends)
No two days are ever the same, so you need to be happy to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. It is challenging, but incredibly rewarding work!!
You will be committed, passionate and able to engage, encourage and mentor the young people, whilst having a whole lot of fun! Getting paid to play football, computer games and going to theme parks is certainly a perk of the job!!
- Free meals whilst on shift
- Getting paid to play computer games and go to theme parks!!!
- Casual dress code
- Company pension
- 28 days annual leave
- Access to discounts for shopping outlets, restaurants and cinema’s
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled ongoing face-to-face training and CPD planning
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
- To encourage the young people to do activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- Support the manager and deputy by training and mentoring staff
- Leading a shift and a staff team in a friendly and professional manner
- To keep the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- To be able to deal with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protect children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Provide support for the children and young people in the home and to promote their independence and well-being.
- Maintain a safe environment for the young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up to date knowledge of the individual’s; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers and other professionals that may be involved in the young people’s lives such as Psychologists.
- Experience as a Children’s Support Worker in a residential setting is ESSENTIAL
- NVQ or QCF level 3 in Children & Young People is ESSENTIAL
- You must be a driver as you will be required to transport the young people from time to time
- You must be over the age of 21
If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from you. Click the ‘APPLY’ now and one of the Vetro team will be in touch.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.