Manchester, Greater Manchester
£18732 - £1920475732 per annum
8 months ago
We are currently recruiting fora Days and Nights Senior Waking Night Care Assistants to work in an elderly residential home in Flixton.
£8.55 per hour - £18,732 for 42 hour week.
3 days on 3 days off
£8.75 per hour - £19,110 for 42 hours £20,475 for 45 hours
3 days on 3 days off
Full time, permanent role.
Role of a Senior Days/Waking Night Support Worker:
- To provide the highest level of personal care and attention to residents.
- Following individual care plans carefully and ensuring that all contact is polite, friendly, warm and supportive.
- To act as a key worker for a named group of residents, ensuring that these responsibilities are carried out in full.
- To participate in the maintenance of individual care plans for each resident and administer medication to residents as prescribed.
- accurately maintaining appropriate records for both.
- To liaise with other care professionals relating to the care needs of the residents.
- To always be alert to residents physical and mental well being, immediately reporting any changes in residents' conditions to a senior person on duty, and to accurately maintain and update residents' records as required.
- To respect and maintain confidentiality of residents' personal information at all times, this includes residents' behaviour and actions and any incidents that may occur in the course of day to day care.
- Be understanding and patient towards residents and their needs, and encourage, assist and support residents to participate in leisure activities as appropriate to the individual, ensuring their social and emotional needs are met. This also includes escorting residents to outside appointments and leisure outings.
- Responsible for making and changing beds, tidying residents' rooms (with their permission) undertaking light cleaning duties as needed and generally assisting in ensuring that the Home is kept clean, pleasant and welcoming at all times.
- Helping to serve meals and drinks at meal times and other times when required, taking care to present meals and refreshments in an appealing way, with polite and courteous service. To be understanding with residents who need assistance with feeding and provide the appropriate level of support and help.
- To be an active and encouraging member of the care team, contribute to team meetings, ensuring good communication and participate in the induction and training of newly appointed care assistants, ensuring that the Home is a friendly and supportive working environment.
- Experience working in a care environment, ideally as a senior.
- Experience instructing a team
- NVQ level 2
- To understand and comply with statutory and legal requirements which are relevant such as Health & Safety, COSHH, all aspects of the Health & Social Care Act, to maintain a safe environment throughout the home.
- Understand and have an awareness of infection control
- Annual leave entitlement
- Completion of NVQ level 3 within one year of taking up the post
- Ongoing training and support
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment. Click HERE for more details. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment, we have over 25 years experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £19,110.00 to £20,475.00 /year