New Milton, Hampshire
£9 - £11 per hour + Depending on Qualification
20 days ago
Vetro Recruitment are seeking an experienced Senior Health Care Assistant/ Team Leader for an exciting job opportunity in the New Milton area of Hampshire.
This role is based on 36 hours per week across Monday- Sunday including every other weekend work. Day shifts only - no sleep in duties are required.
For our senior post you will be required to hold a minimum of an NVQ/ Diploma Level 2 in Health and Social care (or equivalent) If you do not hold this qualification we have other similar vacancies available so please still get in touch.
This Senior Health Care Assistant job pays from £9-£11 per hour depending on experience and qualifications held.
- To ensure that appropriate individual care is given to each service user, in accordance with their individual Care Plans
-To help service users with problems of mobility and other physical disabilities (e.g. incontinence), helping with the use of disability aids and caring for the same, where required
- To help with the organisation of social activities, and to participate in them to help promote service user's esteem and physical and mental well-being.
-To accompany service users on community visits where required and as duty rotas permit.
- To monitor service user's nutritional and dietary requirements
- To help with the setting up of the dining room / meal trays in readiness for meal-times.
-To help serve food, assisting service users with eating and drinking as required. To prepare light meals and snacks if required, liaising with kitchen staff as necessary.
-To help clear up the dining room after meals, ensuring all dirty cutlery, crockery etc are returned to the kitchen.
- To help make and change beds, and assist with light domestic duties where required
- To care for service users who may be temporarily sick or needing special care procedures.
- To monitor service user's conditions, and report any changes to Senior Care Staff as necessary.
- To assist Senior Care Staff in the administration, control and storage of medicines. To monitor and record medicine refrigerator temperatures, and report any adverse temperature variances which may affect the efficacy of medication stored within to the Senior Care Staff.
- To monitor the performance of Care Assistants, ensuring that all tasks are completed to a satisfactory standard
- To help maintain a safe and healthy environment in the Home with regards to appropriate Food Hygiene and Health & Safety Regulations. To report all accidents to Senior Care Staff.
- To read and write reports, and to participate in staff and service user's meetings as appropriate.
- To participate in training activities / courses, as directed by senior staff.
- To assist with End-of-Life Care for service users who are terminally ill.
- To undertake other duties, as necessary.
At Vetro Care, we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.