£22283 per annum, Benefits: GREAT Benefits Package!
02921 660 880
about 2 months ago
Supporting vulnerable adults in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, you can enable them to develop socially, emotionally, and behaviourally in a setting where they feel safe and cared for. The role is challenging but incredibly rewarding! You will be committed, passionate, and able to engage, encourage, and mentor the residents, whilst having a whole lot of fun!
We have an rare opportunity for Senior Night Residential Support Workers to join a FANTASTIC residential home for adults with learning disabilities, based in Thorney.
**Due to the nature of the job and the activities involved, we are only able to consider applicants who have a full drivers licence and a car**
Location: Thorney, Cambridgeshire
Hours: 9pm - 8am
Shift pattern: 5:2 shift pattern, 5 shifts on week one, 2 shifts on week 2
About the Role:
You will be joining an established and experienced care team as a Senior Night Residential Support Worker. This role is offered on a full-time basis You will receive an in-depth induction and training programme upon joining this Service, and your duties will include:
- Positively contribute to the personal development of our residents with both practical and emotional support.
- Lead by example, behave and communicate appropriately at all times.
- Design, implement, deliver and contribute in a wide range of innovative and exciting recreational events within the home and wider community. This will involve regular outings and trips and on occasion, extended visits and holidays.
- Using knowledge and experience, contribute positively to care planning and participate supportively in reviews as requested, demonstrating a sound knowledge regarding nutrition and hygiene.
- Maintain accurate, clear and concise record keeping.
- Take ownership for key-worker duties and where appropriate look to develop and strengthen links with families, friends and relevant significant others.
- Work in partnership with the Manager to ensure streamlined service delivery and consistent communication across the homes.
- Proactively participate in supporting the staff team to include carrying out supervisions as requested.
- Attend and contribute positively to regular staff meetings and hand-over meetings, ensuring all relevant information is disseminated appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Contribute positively to the training and development of the staff team to include own personal development / highlighting any training needs.
- A competitive salary.
- Extensive training packages with time rostered out of your work rota to attend.
- Life Assurance
- Genuine career development opportunities for those who want them.
- A beautiful home and grounds to work within.
- Fully funded DBS checks
- Diploma Level 2 in Health & Social Care
- Experience of providing care and support to young adults, ideally young adults with disabilities, autism and complex needs
- Competent written and oral communication skills to include computer literacy
If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from you. Click the ‘APPLY’ now and one of the Vetro team will be in touch.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.