Frome, Somerset, S. W. England, England
£28050 - £35000 per annum
4 days ago
Vetro Recruitment are looking to appoint a Senior Occupational Therapist to join a friendly, multidisciplinary therapy team within a Residential School near Mells, Frome, Somerset. In this unique role, you will benefit from fully funded training and development opportunities to enhance your skills and knowledge, working 1 to 1 to provide specialist, direct and indirect therapy for pupils with autism and related disabilities.
Salary: £28,050 - £35,000 (dependant on experience) pro rata plus benefits package.
Hours: 24 hours a week. Tuesday - Thursday 8.30am - 4.30pm (term time only, 38 weeks per year).
This a permanent and part-time position.
This organisation is a specialist school for 30 young people aged 7 to 19 who have autistic spectrum disorders (ASD). Our tailored approach means we are able to support young people with a wide range of needs, from those who are broadly average in their ability to others, who have more severe learning difficulties.
They provide a total environment where young people are offered safe, secure and predictable surroundings in which they can come to understand their own areas of difficulties and learn skills and techniques in order to overcome them. This ensures that they are able to fulfil their potential socially, academically, physically and spiritually and enable them to rebuild their low self-esteem and self-belief.
You will work closely with other therapists and teachers to provide specialist direct and indirect therapy for pupils and young adults with autism and related disabilities. Your work will include addressing sensory processing difficulties, anxiety and emotional regulation difficulties, motor and perpetual skills and functional life skills.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- A recognised Occupational Therapy degree/qualification.
- Health Care Professionals Council Licence to practice.
- Membership with the Royal College of Occupational Therapists.
- 2-3 years proven experience working as an Occupational Therapist (ideally with children or within education).
- Minimum qualifications in Sensory Integration of Module 1 and 2. The school will support the candidate to attain module 3.
- Knowledge of special educational needs and Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Experience in writing annual review reports to contribute towards Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCP).
- A confident, caring and pro-active attitude.
We offer our Occupational Therapists:
- The chance to work in a friendly, supportive and nurturing environment.
- The benefit of working 1 to 1 with pupils within small sized classes.
- Support for further training opportunities.
- Funded membership of relevant specialist interest group/clinical excellence network.
- On-going clinical supervision support from an Occupational Therapist Consultant.
- On site supervision from the school Therapy Lead.
- Travel Insurance
- High street retail discounts
- Computing Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Dental Insurance
- Reduced price Gym membership
- Gourmet Society Card
- Healthcare cash plan
- Priory Group Pension