£25000 - £31000 per annum
02921 660 880
about 1 month ago
**Due to the nature of the job and the activities involved, we are only able to consider applicants who have a full drivers licence and a car**
Salary: £25,000 - £31,000
Location: Whitchurch, Shropshire
Hours: Full time (shift pattern is 2 on 2 off, inclusive of sleep-ins)
Shift pattern: 7.00am – 11pm
About the Role:
You will be joining an established and experienced care team as a Senior Residential Support Worker. This role is offered on a full-time basis, working on a 2 on 2 off shift pattern which is inclusive of sleep-ins. You will receive an in-depth induction and training programme upon joining this Children’s Residential Service, and your duties will include:
- Support the Deputy Care Managers and managers in managing the home and deputise in their absence
- Supervise and support the staff team on a day to day basis
- Work to very high standards
- Have a Level 3 in Children and Young People or Residential Care or Children’s Workforce
- 2 years minimum experience of working in an EBD residential setting with children and young people.
- Have a proven track record of providing high quality care for our young people
- Hold a full driving licence and your own vehicle. You must also hold business use extension on your car insurance
- Flexible in providing consistent support to the young people in our care
- Generous annual leave scheme
- Bonus Scheme where you can earn an extra £50 per month and amazing earning potential
- Extensive training and career development with a clear progression pathway for those wishing to further their careers.
- Dental & Medical insurance
- Personal Pension
- Life Insurance
- 24 hour Employee Assistance Programme, offering access to doctors 24/7, money back on medical costs and counselling support
- Money saving discounts from thousands of stores
- Income protection
- Experience as a Children’s Residential Support Worker, or working with children with EBD.
- You must be a car driver as you will be required to transport young people from time-to-time.
- You must be over the age of 21.
- NVQ or QCF Level 3 in Children & Young People or equivalent.