£23550 - £27000 per annum + reviewed after probation
3 months ago
-Position: Senior Residential Support Worker
- Client Base: Children & Young People
- Location: Surbiton - Surrey
- Salary: £23,550.94 (£10.05 per hour) reviewed after probation
- Hours: 45.5 hours per week including unpaid breaks- the total paid is for 42 hours per week
- Rota: 4weeks rolling rota
- Qualifications Required: Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare or Health and Social Care
Vetro Recruitment is seeking a committed and qualified Senior Residential Support Worker for a full-time permanent vacancy, based in Surbiton - Surrey. We would love to hear from anyone with a caring nature, the motivation, and passion to provide care and support for children with additional needs and someone with a level 3 qualification in residential childcare or Health and Social Care.
Experience within a similar field would be highly advantageous.
Please only apply if you are able to travel to and work full time, in the Surbiton area.
To supervise and support staff to fulfill their role as Residential Support Workers, as well as being responsible for the emotional and physical wellbeing of the pupils at all times.
- Support the Team Leader and Deputy Team Leader in the effective delivery of Service.
- Take direction and instruction from the Senior Care Team and Head of Care.
- Act as a member of the Care Team, ensuring effective working relationships supporting colleagues and being prepared to receive support when necessary.
- Support / supervise Residential Support Workers in carrying out their duties in ensuring the pupils manage their own behaviours and become as independent as possible within their own capabilities.
- Assist your Senior Care Team to administer medication as required
- Contribute to the development of the pupils through the provision of a healthy lifestyle, a variety of appropriate stimulating activities and the example of a consistent and caring adult role model.
- Organise stimulating trips for pupils and support the pupils in a variety of activities to include all physical activities either on-site or off-site.
- Oversee the cleaning of living areas and bedrooms; ensuring all toiletries/towels are replenished and any stock requirements are brought to the attention of the House Keeper.
- Ensure everything possible is done to maintain a safe, clean and enjoyable environment to live and work in, including domestic duties.
- Check building is secure ensuring all doors and windows are locked in the evening.
- Communicate with the pupils in the method appropriate to them; Makaton, Verbally or use of PECS.
- Check that all Individual Teaching Care Plans (ITCP) and ASDAN records are completed correctly.
- Gain a thorough comprehension of individual pupils needs and meet those needs in the most appropriate way following relevant policies and procedures. Being sensitive to their needs, taking account of race, culture, language, religion, sexuality, and disability.
- Ensure all the pupil's hygiene is in line with the Personal and Intimate Care Policy.
- Contribute to care planning and updating of Individual Pupil Care Plans (IPCP) and when necessary participate in reviews.
- Supervise Residential Support Workers and assist the pupils with all personal care needs as outlined in their IPCP; eating, bathing, toileting, cleaning teeth, dressing, etc.
- Ensure everything is done to protect the pupils from any form of abuse from staff, visitors, and each other; following the Safeguarding policy and procedure.
- Take on Keyworker duties in line with the Key Worker policy and procedure.
Week 1: 3 long days, Week 2: 4 long days inc weekend, Week 3: 3 long days, Week 4: 4 long days inc weekend
We look forward to hearing from you!
At Vetro Care, we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.