£18000 - £25000 per annum + On target earnings £24,000-£31,000
28 days ago
Support & Senior Support Worker Vacancies!
Salary: £18,000- £25,000 Depending on Experience and Qualifications
Sector: Children's Residential Services
Vacancy Type: Full Time- Permanent
This is an exciting opportunity to work within an organisation heading into a period of change and expansion.
The organisation currently has a school that is rated Outstanding. The care element of the organisation is
composed of two homes, one has recently moved from inadequate to requires improvement and one is
inadequate working towards requires improvement.
You are invited to join this exciting opportunity to work with us to achieve our aim to bring
our care provision in-line with our educational rating. If you feel that you have the skills, energy and passion to
join this team we would welcome your application!
You will ideally have/be:
- You will be enthusiastic, friendly, flexible, hardworking and motivated to give the very best support to young people.
- You will have achieved a Diploma Level 3 (or equivalent) in Residential Child Care for the senior role
OR be willing to work towards one for the Residential Childcare Worker role.
- You will have at least one year's previous experience of working with children
- You will be 21+ years of age.
- You will have a full manual Driver's Licence. (MANDATORY)
ABOUT THE JOB:
- The role of the Residential Childcare Worker is to provide a safe warm, caring and stable environment for
young people. To create a 'respectful' culture within the home where the needs of the young people are
paramount and where they are encouraged to develop, mature and achieve their full potential.
- Responsible to the Registered Manager for the direct day-to-day care of the young people and to
undertake other supportive tasks and duties as required.
- To contribute to the development of young people through the provision of a healthy lifestyle.
- To promote and provide a variety of appropriate, stimulating activities and a consistent and caring
- To be alert to signs of distress or abuse and to ensure that the young people are monitored and
protected to have their needs met.
- To act as a member of the staff team, supporting colleagues and being prepared to receive support
and advice as necessary.
- To support on accessing community activities such as Cinema, Meals Out, College and Education,
Shopping, Day trips and evenings out
- Generous annual leave entitlement, pension contribution, regular supervisions, reviews and support for career and training aspirations
- Flexible working week, typically worked over 3.5 days.
- One weekend day to be worked every other weekend.
- 30 days annual leave, inclusive of public holidays.
- Free breakfast, lunch and dinner provided whilst on shift.
- Free parking.
- Contributory pension.
- Employee of the month recognition scheme with cash award.
- Continuous Training and Development Opportunities available.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Employee assistance programme.
At Vetro Care, we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.