Supporting young people in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, you can enable them to develop socially, emotionally, and behaviourally in a setting where they feel safe and cared for. The role is challenging but incredibly rewarding! You will be committed, passionate, and able to engage, encourage, and mentor the young people, whilst having a whole lot of fun!
Getting paid to play football, computer games, and going to theme parks is certainly a perk of the job!!
We have an incredible opportunity for a senior children’s residential support worker to work in a beautiful, rural, 4-bed children’s residential service in Abergavenny supporting young people between the ages of 10 – 16 with EBD.
**Due to the nature of the job and the activities involved, we are only able to consider applicants who have a full drivers licence and a car**
Salary: £23,000 - £26,000 (sleep allowance included)
Location: Cefn Cribwr
Hours: Full time
Shift pattern: 12 / 24 / 48 hour shifts
About the Role:
The main purpose of the role is to contribute to all aspects of the physical and emotional care of the children so as to promote their welfare whilst working in partnership with their family and other professionals. To take responsibility for the day-to-day running of the unit in the absence of the Manager/ Deputy Manager. To provide experience and expertise in working with children and young people at the home.
- Encouraging young people to participate in activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age. You will provide support for the children and young people in the home to promote their independence and well-being whilst providing a therapeutic care environment.
- Ensuring the safety of the young people and maintaining up-to-date knowledge of the individual’s care plan, guidelines, reward system, and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically, dealing with challenging behaviours when needed, and maintaining a safe environment for young people.
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers, and other professionals that may be involved in the young people’s lives such as Psychologists.
- Protecting children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Keeping the homely, friendly culture and environment of the home.
- Comprehensive training package including scheduled ongoing face-to-face training, Continuous Professional Development planning, and plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and support you in your career development.
- Social Activities.
- No two days are the same.
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of children and make a positive difference.
Key Skills Required:
- QCF Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Children and Young People) or NVQ Level III – Children and Young People (or a predecessor qualification) or Recognised Social Work Qualification is essential
- Must have experience of working in a Children's residential setting
- Need to be a driver - as you will be required to drive the children to school and or activities
- Must be over the age of 21
Can you deliver a holistic and integrated approach to care and really make a difference to the young people with Emotional Behavioural Disorders?
If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from you. Click ‘APPLY’ now and one of the Vetro team will be in touch.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.