Wolverhampton, West Midlands
Up to £19500 per annum
3 days ago
Alexandra Watts RGN
We are looking to appoint Senior Support Workers to join a Young People's home in Wolverhampton. The service is equipped to offer individualised care to children and young people who have Emotional and Behavioural Disorders and complex needs.
The services provides residential care for Young People from the age 8 - 18 in their small family-style homes in both urban and rural areas, with a minimum of 1:1 staffing, Young People are offered safe containing environments to address their complex needs with trained permanent staff.
In your new role as a Support Worker you will be a valued member of the team and you will therapeutically support the day to day activities of the Young People while promoting independence. You will have a positive impact on goals and ambitions and enhance their opportunities for their future.
About the Role
- Permanent full time position
- Salary: £19,500 per annum & £35 sleep in shift allowances
- Location: Wolverhampton - WV10 postal code
- Consistent CQC Rating of 'GOOD' ✓
- 7 week rotas in advance
- NVQ Level 3 in Children & Young People or equivalent is essential
- Car drivers only please
Some of Your Responsibilities
- To ensure that a high standard of care and service is provided to the young people looked after and their families.
- To assist the manager in ensuring that the staff meet the identified needs of young people in a way that promotes their dignity, privacy, safety and independence.
- To ensure that the Company's resources are utilised sensibly and effectively in order to provide care and service within the legal framework.
- A commitment to empowering people
- Self-direction and the ability to take responsibility
- Ability to remain calm in difficult situations
- Previous experience in a Children's setting
- A positive and compassionate nature
This is an exciting opportunity for you to continue and develop your career in the Children's Services, to apply please respond to this job ad; alternatively for more information, call Alexandra on 029 21 660 880 for a confidential chat.
At Vetro Recruitment, we have over 100 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.