Supporting young people in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, you can enable them to develop socially, emotionally, and behaviourally in a setting where they feel safe and cared for. The role is challenging but incredibly rewarding! You will be committed, passionate, and able to engage, encourage, and mentor the young people, whilst having a whole lot of fun!
Getting paid to play football, computer games, and going to theme parks is certainly a perk of the job!!
We have an incredible opportunity for a male* Children Residential Support Workers to join a FANTASTIC small residential home for children and young people, based in the Winterbourne area of Bristol, supporting young people between the ages of 8-18 with Emotional & Behavioural Difficulties (EBD). *This role is exempt under the Equality Act 2010 pursuant to Schedule 9, Part 1.
**Due to the nature of the job and the activities involved, we are only able to consider applicants who have a full drivers licence and a car**
Salary: £22,000 - £28,000 (sleep allowance included)
Location: Winterbourne, Bristol
Hours: Full time (shift pattern is 2 on 4 off, inclusive of sleep-ins)
Shift pattern: 7.30am – 11pm sleep 7am – 11pm sleep 7am – 8am
- 28 days annual leave
- Company Pension Scheme
- Comprehensive training package including scheduled ongoing face-to-face training, Continuous Professional Development planning, and plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and support you in your career development.
- Social Activities.
- No two days are the same.
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of children and make a positive difference.
About the Role:
You will be joining an established and experienced care team as a Children’s Residential Support Worker. This role is offered on a full-time basis, working on a 2 on 4 off shift pattern which is inclusive of sleep-ins. You will receive an in-depth induction and training programme upon joining this Children’s Residential Service, and your duties will include:
- Encouraging young people to participate in activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age. You will provide support for the children and young people in the home to promote their independence and well-being whilst providing a therapeutic care environment.
- Ensuring the safety of the young people and maintaining up-to-date knowledge of the individual’s care plan, guidelines, reward system, and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically, dealing with challenging behaviours when needed, and maintaining a safe environment for young people.
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers, and other professionals that may be involved in the young people’s lives such as Psychologists.
- Protecting children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Keeping the homely, friendly culture and environment of the home.
Key Skills Required:
- Experience as a Children’s Residential Support Worker, or working with children with EBD.
- You must be a car driver as you will be required to transport young people from time-to-time.
- You must be over the age of 21.
- NVQ or QCF Level 3 in Children & Young People or equivalent.
- Must be flexible and willing to work shifts and weekends.
Can you deliver a holistic and integrated approach to care and really make a difference to the young people with Emotional Behavioural Disorders? If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from you. Click ‘APPLY’ now and one of the Vetro team will be in touch.