Up to £35600 per annum
about 1 month ago
i have an excellent opportunity for a Social Worker looking to take the next step in their career and become a Senior Social Worker or a current Senior, you will be working within a specialist hospital based in Thatcham providing care and support to adults within a Forensic setting.
- Undertaking assessments regarding current social circumstances and the impact of social issues on service users' mental health and recovery
- Supporting service users in developing feasible plans for the future and working towards discharge
- Completing reports for CPAs, Mental Health Tribunals and Managers Hearings
- Taking a lead role within the multi-disciplinary teams on non-medical mental capacity issues and best interest decisions
- Liaising with a host of external agencies to enable them to fulfil their statutory duties, for example MAPPA, Local Authority Social Services, Police and Probation
- Supporting carers and families of detained service users
- Providing supervision to junior colleagues
- Delivering occasional safeguarding training
- Have a good working knowledge of the relevant legislation
- HCPC Registration
- Have at least 2 years' experience of working in mental health
- Be able to build effective working relationships with patients, their family members, and carers
- Work well as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Understand and champion the social perspective on mental health.
£35,600 working full time, 37.5 hours per week plus benefits and career progression opportunities.
** Please apply below with an up to date CV**