I have a FANTASTIC opportunity for a Senior Children’s Residential Support Worker to join a PASSIONATE and professional team in the Gloucestershire area, to support 3 young people with Emotional, Behaviour difficulties and challenging behaviour.
The home is situated in a rural setting with breathtaking surroundings and with its homely feel of being an old miners cottage, it truly is a place to call home! The young people of this home need a Senior who is going to support and deliver to the best that they can. They are a family run business and believe in doing everything possible to support the children in their care!
We are looking for an enthusiastic, resilient and motivated individual who wants to make a difference in the lives of young people; to enable them to develop socially, emotionally and behaviorally in a setting where they feel safe and cared for.
You will be committed, passionate and able to engage, encourage and mentor the young people, whilst supporting the senior management team to run a happy and settled home.
Salary: £24,500 - £29,000 (inclusive of sleep)
Location: Gloucestershire (GL16)
Hours: Late (1-11pm) Sleep-In (11pm-7am) Early (7-1pm)
Shift pattern: 3- week rolling rota, leading to one complete 4 - day weekend off every 3 weeks.
On-call response duties: average 4 per month
- Bonus dependant on KPI’s
- Family run business
- Company pension
- Holiday pay
- mileage pay
- Access to discounts for shopping outlets, restaurants and cinema’s
- Comprehensive Training
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development
- Enhanced overtime weekend rate
- To lead by example and support the management team to run the shift
- Take greater responsibility for mentoring and supporting newer staff members
- To organise handovers in an appropriate manner.
- To encourage the young people to do activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- To keep the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- To be able to deal with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protect children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Provide support for the children and young people in the home and to promote their independence and well-being.
- Maintain a safe environment for the young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up to date knowledge of the individual’s; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers and other professionals that may be involved in the young people’s lives such as Psychologists.
- NVQ or QCF Level 3 in Children and Young People is ESSENTIAL
- Experience in a residential children's home environment is ESSENTIAL
- Full Driving Licence is ESSENTIAL as you may be required to transport the children from time to time
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.