Supporting young people (16/17 year olds) and providing person centred support, to leave care and move into a supported living environment which is safe and secure. This is a challenging yet highly rewarding job that requires a passionate and motivated individual who will focus on promoting independence.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a qualified Senior Support Worker to join the service that supports young people from a variety of backgrounds.
Whilst the role will be based out of one site; travelling between sites around Gloucester will be required, so we are only able to consider applicants who have a driving licence and a car.
Salary: £20,000 – £24,750
Location: Gloucester (GL1)
Hours: 37 hours per week, including early morning/evenings and weekends
- Comprehensive training package including scheduled ongoing face-to-face training, Continuous Professional Development planning, and plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and support you in your career development.
- Social Activities.
- Pension scheme
- No two days are the same.
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference.
- Cost of DBS certificate covered
You will be joining a well established team as a Senior Support Worker that has sites across Gloucester. The role is offered on a full time basis, working 37 hours a week. These hours will predominantly be worked in office hours, however, there will be a requirement to work unsociable hours, including early mornings, evenings and weekends, depending on the needs of the young people you will be supporting.
Duties of the role
- Keyworking with a small number of young people
- Co-produce and implement individual support plans
- Reviewing support plans
- Provide emotional support
- Assist with budgeting
- Cooking - nutrition, support, recipes and ideas
- Advocacy for the young people you work with
- Support with developing social skills
- Self identity and self esteem - boosting confidence
- Experience as a Children’s Support Worker, or with Young People and NVQ/QCF Level 3 is essential
- You must be a car driver as you will be required to travel to other sites
- Must be flexible and willing to work shifts and weekends.
- Where required, participate in sleep-in rota across all delivery sites for which an additional payment will be made.
Can you deliver a holistic and integrated approach to care and really make a difference to the young people leaving care? If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from you. Click ‘APPLY’ now and one of the Vetro team will be in touch.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.