We are looking for enthusiastic, resilient and motivated individuals who want to make a difference to the lives of young people; to enable them to develop socially, emotionally and behaviorally in a setting where they feel safe and cared for.
No two days are ever the same, so you need to be happy to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. It is challenging, but incredibly rewarding work!!
Salary: £34,840 (Inclusive of sleep)
Hours: 47.5 Hours per week
Sleeps Rota: 9am- 10pm sleep 8am
Shift pattern: Week 1 - Monday, Thursday, Sunday
Week 2 - Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday
(can be flexible with the shifts)
- Company pension
- 28 days annual leave
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled ongoing face-to-face training and CPD planning
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
As a Senior Support Worker you will be responsible for:
- To lead by example and support the management team to run the shift
- Take greater responsibility for mentoring and supporting newer staff members
- To organise handovers in an appropriate manner.
- To encourage the young people to do activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- To keep the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- To be able to deal with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protect children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Provide support for the children and young people in the home and promote their independence and well-being.
- Maintain a safe environment for young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up to date knowledge of the individual’s; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers and other professionals that may be involved in the young people’s lives such as Psychologists.
- Experience as a Senior Support Worker is ESSENTIAL
- You will have a DBS on the update service for a quick start! ESSENTIAL
- NVQ or QCF level 3 in Children & Young People is ESSENTIAL
- Have a passion to support young adults ESSENTIAL
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.