£17895 - £22695 per annum + 33 days holiday + overtime available!!
3 months ago
Vetro Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Senior Support worker to work in Highbridge for a leading UK charity for people with autism and mental health.
If you are passionate about working in an organisation that specialises in autism, supporting autistic adults, and are patient, inspiring, caring and sensitive towards the needs of vulnerable people this could be the perfect role for you!
Salary: £17,895 - £22,695 + overtime available
Hours of work: 37 hours per week
Shift patterns: 7-day rota with a mixture of mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends, and bank holidays. 7.30am - 10.30pm (7.30am - 3pm, 2.30am - 10.30pm), availability to cover any shift within this pattern is required. Weekend working is 1 weekend on and 1 weekend off.
As a Senior Support Worker, you will be responsible for the following;
- Giving individuals the chance to lead a full life instead of isolation or family dependence.
- Giving autistic people the confidence and skills to live well, enjoy activities that others take for granted.
- Creating and encouraging good relationships and communication with the people who use the service.
- Ensuring the safety of the service users and maintaining an up to date knowledge of each individual's care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Assisting people who use the service to get involved in a range of new opportunities, experiences and activities.
- There will be varying levels of support required with some personal care.
- There will be situations where you need to support with taxing behaviours safely and sympathetically.
- Acting as keyholder for the service.
- Administration of medication (full training will be provided)
- Allocated administration time for report writing and care plans.
- Supervision of staff and shift leading.
- Liaising with external professions such as GP's and Social Workers.
The successful candidate:
- Will hold NVQ or QCF level 2 in Health & Social Care
- Will ideally be a driver
- Will have the ability to record information accurately
- Will be a team player
- Will be able to work independently with little support as required
- Will be resilient and able to work proactively with challenging behaviour
- Willing and able to provide personal care to individuals
- Will value diversity, health and safety and are committed to safe working practices
- 33 days annual leave
- Industry leading induction, training and development programme
- Opportunity to do your QCF level 2 and 3 in Health and Social Care
- Career progression opportunities
- Employer Contribution Pension scheme
- Autism specific reflective practice profession support
- Behavioural support training
- 24-hour access to online training
- Flexible shifts - weekdays, evenings and weekends
- Online staff discount scheme for a range of companies and retailers
- Access to a 24 hour Employee Assistance counselling programme
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment. Click on our website for more details.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 25 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.