£21428 per annum
02921 660 880
about 1 month ago
Supporting young people in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, you can enable them to develop socially, emotionally, and behaviourally in a setting where they feel safe and cared for. The role is challenging but incredibly rewarding! You will be committed, passionate, and able to engage, encourage, and mentor the vulnerable people, whilst having a whole lot of fun!
We have an opportunity for Support Workers to join a FANTASTIC Supported Living Service in Yaxley supporting adults with Autism, Learning Disabilities and challenging behaviours.
This role is also responsible for supporting our established staff team to carry out their wide range of duties appropriately and effectively, promoting choice and individuality for our residents at all times.
**Due to the nature of the job and the activities involved, we are only able to consider applicants who have a full drivers licence and a car**
Location: Yaxley, Cambridgeshire
Hours: 13 hour shifts , 8:00am - 9:00 pm
Shift pattern: 5:2 shift pattern, 5 shift on week 1, 2 shifts on week 2
About the Role:
- Lead by example, behave and communicate appropriately at all times.
- Positively contribute to the personal development of our tenants with both practical and emotional support.
- Design, implement, deliver and contribute in a wide range of innovative and exciting recreational events within the home and wider community. This will involve regular outings and trips and on occasion, extended visits and holidays.
- Using knowledge and experience, contribute positively to care planning and participate supportively in reviews as requested, demonstrating a sound knowledge regarding nutrition and hygiene.
- Maintain accurate, clear and concise record keeping.
- Take ownership for key-worker duties and where appropriate look to develop and strengthen links with families, friends and relevant significant others.
- Work in partnership with the Deputy Manager to ensure streamlined service delivery and consistent communication throughout the home.
- Proactively participate in supporting the staff team to include carrying out supervisions as requested.
- Attend and contribute positively to regular staff meetings and hand-over meetings, ensuring all relevant information is disseminated appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Contribute positively to the training and development of the staff team to include own personal development / highlighting any training needs.
- Operate with flexibility, participating in a shift rota (which may include sleep-ins) as requested by Management
- Extensive training packages with time rostered out of your work rota to attend.
- Life Assurance
- Genuine career development opportunities for those who want them.
- A beautiful home and grounds to work within.
- Fully funded DBS checks
- Diploma Level 2 in Health and Social Care.
- Demonstrable experience supporting individuals with a learning disability and associated health conditions, with particular emphasis on autism and challenging behaviour
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to include computer literacy
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.Now
Can you deliver a holistic and integrated approach to care and really make a difference to the young people with Emotional Behavioural Disorders? If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from you. Click the ‘APPLY’ now and one of the Vetro team will be in touch.