South Gloucestershire, Gloucestershire
£19968 - £21216 per annum + & sleep in shift allowance
8 days ago
Alexandra Watts RGN
We are recruiting for enthusiastic and experienced Support Worker for a Senior/Team Leader position in a special Residential School based in South Gloucestershire. The service provides on-site residential care and education for students aged between 5 to 19 with severe and complex difficulties including physical and sensory needs.
Your job as a Team Leader you will be supporting the lives of vulnerable young people in a diverse and positive environment. You will be responsible of the development of the young people whilst developing a trusting relationship with time which puts their health, safety and welfare first. The role will provide appropriate physical and emotional support to children and young adults within residential and education/learning environments and with off-site activities.
About the Role
- Annual Salary: £19,968 - £21,216 per annum
- Permanent, full time position
- Amazing professional opportunity to obtain your QCF Level 3 in Residential Childcare from commencing employment (to be completed within first 6 months)
- Varied shift pattern. Including: Early shifts 7:30am - 3:30pm / Late shifts 2:30pm - 10:30pm / Sleep-ins 10:30am - 8:00am (£65 allowance per sleep in shift)
About the Service
The aim of the school has the aim to empower and improve the quality of life of the young people they provide care for; they achieve this by aiming to progressing all of the students in various areas that include, self-care, communication, community engagement decision making and emotional resilience.
The school has recently undergone a new redevelopment which has improved the living and learning environments, which have been specifically to meet the individuals complex needs of the people of they support.
Roles, Responsibilities & Key Experience
- Your role will be to manage, motivate and coach a team of Support Workers to ensure a stable, happy and caring environment that puts the health, safety and welfare of our young people first.
- It is a tough yet totally rewarding role. Ultimately we are looking for people with a passion to build relationships and positively change the lives of the children and young adults that we work with.
- Strong experience of managing shift workers / supervisions.
- Experience working within special needs and/or support/care roles
- A positive and creative approach in meeting children's needs.
- Good interpersonal and team working skills.
- Literacy skills.
- Able to work within the parameters of the physical demands of the job role.
- Be able to work within a rota pattern
- Must have full UK driving licence.
Be part of our successful team and also benefit from a generous package that includes:
- Life assurance
- Pension plan
- High street discounts
- Child care vouchers
- Employee assistance programme
- Paid Holiday
- Training and Development
To register your interest for this role, please apply with your CV via this ad.
Alternatively you can call Alex for a confidential chat on 029 21 660 880.
At Vetro Recruitment, we have over 100 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.