£22001 - £23051 per annum
4 months ago
Alexandra Watts RGN
We are recruiting for enthusiastic individuals join for a Senior Support Worker role for Childrens' residential service supporting Young People with emotional behavioural difficulties and challenging behaviour. Your role as a Senior Support Worker you will be committed to providing proven, quality and holistic residential care for young people aged 10-18 whilst achieving positive outcomes and lasting results.
The homes are based in parts of the Wiltshire area including Warminster, Frome, Radstock and Salisbury
- Permanent, full time role
- Up to £23,181 per year (including sleep ins).
- Shifts are worked on a rolling rota basis including long days and 24hr sleep ins.
Week 1: Mon, Weds, Sat
Week 2: Tue, Fri, Sun
Week 3: Thursday
Shifts are 10:00am - 10:30am the following morning.
About the Organisation
They support and educate children with emotional behavioural difficulties and challenging behaviour within a residential setting. All homes are 4-bedded and safe and secure homes are offered to young people aged 10-18 who display challenging behaviours. The welfare of the children in this care setting is paramount and the aim is to create a positive living environment, taking a holistic approach, enabling these young people to achieve an independent and fulfilled life.
- Providing an excellent standard of care for young people.
- Supporting the provision of a positive home environment for the Young People
- in your care, working under the direction of the Registered Manager or Deputy
- Supporting children and young people with challenging behaviour in their day
- to day lives.
- To create and maintain a positive routine and a positive living and learning
- Work as part of a team.
- Able to be proactive, enthusiastic and empathetic.
The job offers
- Work-life balance.
- Full training provided with an extensive induction programme
- 245hrs of annual leave.
- Positive working environment.
- Childcare Voucher Scheme.
- Refer a friend bonus - receive a £100 bonus after your referred friend has passed their probation period.
What we would like in you
- NVQ Level 3 Diploma or equivalent in Children's Residential Care is essential for this position
- Previous experience in a Children's residential setting
- Full UK Manual Driving Licence is essential due to the location of the homes and the duties involved.
- Excellent communication skills
This is a challenging yet rewarding role and we are looking for committed Support Workers to join the team - call Alexandra on 029 21 660 880 to register your interest for this position, or apply via this job ad. ]
At Vetro Recruitment, we have over 25 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.