£10.60 - £10.83 per hour + + additional £3160 per annum sleep in!
7 months ago
Senior Support Worker (Diploma Level 2 Health & Social Care)
Stroud, Gloucestershire. GL5
£10.60 - £10.83 per hour | Full Time | Permanent | 37.5 hours per week
Potential earnings of £24,054 pa based on a qualified rate and 47 sleep-ins per year
Are you an experienced support worker who wants to make a real difference?
Or are you an experienced senior support worker looking for a new challenge?
If yes, this may be your dream job ...
Vetro Recruitment are working alongside a national charity providing support services to people who have a learning disability; providing a range of services including Short Breaks, Supported Living, and residential care.
We're on the lookout for an enthusiastic, reliable and resilient Senior Support Worker to work closely with a Registered Manager who currently runs dual homes for adults with learning disabilities in Stroud. Working across both houses you will promote best practice within the staff team, lead the shift and offer guidance and support to your colleagues. In addition to the supervisory side, the role is also very hands on with the people supported.
"No two days are the same here with this fun, caring and dynamic team!"
- Minimum of 2 years SW experience
- Diploma in Health and Social Care 2 (minimum) and ideally working towards or already achieved level 3
- Driver and own vehicle
- Experience of supervising other staff
- Strong IT skills
- Great leadership skills and able to demonstrate best practice
- Ideally learning disabilities experience - but this is not essential
- To be able to work varied flexible hours including evenings and weekends (with potential for on-call duties)
- A great number of discounts and rewards across shops, restaurants, gym membership and days out; but also an Employee Assistance Programme.
- Access to award winning training and development
- Annual staff award scheme
- 20 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays) increasing to 25 days after a year of employment
- A contributory pension scheme
- Apprenticeships - gain a fully funded Level 3 Diploma
If this position sounds of interest, please click "Apply". One of the Vetro team will be in touch to talk about the role in more detail and your experience.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC GOLD accredited and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.