£27922 - £30457 per annum
22 days ago
Discover your strengths & express who you are; while shaping the future of young people, enabling them to understand their past, live for today and look forward to a brighter future..
Have you got experience supporting Children & Young People & hold your Level 3 Children & Young People Qualification? If so ... we've got just the job for you!
We are recruiting Senior Support Workers to join children's residential services supporting vulnerable young people between the ages of 11-18 with Emotional Behavioural Difficulties.
Location: Maidenhead and High Wycombe (positions available in both locations, please specify preference on application)
Salary: £27,922 - £30,457 (sleep allowance included + overtime available)
Hours: Full time 39 hours a week / 169 hours a month.
Shift pattern: Working on a 2 on 4 off shift pattern (8 sleep ins per month)
- Supporting young people with challenging behaviour in their day to day lives.
- Support young people in daily activities including family contact, attending local clubs, 1:1 activities in the community, promoting independence and social behaviour
- You will be assigned a key child and play a pivotal role in their day to day life including attending reviews and liaising with external agencies and advocating their needs
- Working as a team you will ensure the home is kept to a good standard in all aspects of house-keeping.
- Must hold the QCF Level 3 Children & Young People qualification
- Experience in working with children and young people is desirable but not essential.
- Able to take responsibility for the care and well-being of young people.
- Full UK Manual Driving Licence is essential due to the location of the homes and the duties involved.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be aged 21 or over due to the oldest child at the setting and due to the policies of the organisation.
** Interview dates: Thursday 6th & Thursday 13th February 2020 **
If this sounds like something you are interested in, click apply! Or refer a friend for up to £250!!
Here are some of the latest comments from candidates we have recently supported through the recruitment process and secure permanent employment:
"My point of contact, Lyndsay, was fantastic and successful in helping me secure a role which suits my current career goals. I highly recommend Vetro recruitment as they really show they care through their excellent approachability and assistance" - Katrina
"Vetro recruitment have provided outstanding support towards my career journey, and in particular Lyndsay, about whom, I can only think of positive words to say. Whilst granting me with an array of opportunities she has allowed me to believe what I can achieve, and I have significantly grown in confidence throughout the recruitment process, all thanks to her outstanding and continuous support whenever it is needed" - Megan
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC GOLD accredited and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.