Up to £17373 per annum
8 months ago
Do you have the drive & motivation to assist people on the Autism Spectrum with vocational opportunities & employment support?
We've got a great job for you - right at the heart of a growing charity. We are looking for a Senior Support Worker to provide accessible and person centred education, vocational opportunities and employment support for people on the autism spectrum. Day-to-day activities to name a few .. include art, craft work, woodwork and woodland skills, or cooking. If you have bags of energy and stay active, there are also walking and swimming groups.
Hourly rate: £9.03 per hour plus enhancements for overtime
Your working pattern will be over a seven-day rota with a mixture of mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
Your responsibilities as a Senior Support Worker:
- You will need to be resilient, supportive and sensitive towards the needs of autistic people.
- Overseeing small teams on 1:3 basis (1 support worker to 3 individuals).
- You'll have experience in a support worker role, the desire to progress your career and you will hold a relevant Level 2 qualification.
What you will receive in return ….
- This is an organisation where everyone has the opportunity to learn and develop at their own speed whilst achieving their goals. Offering a fantastic a full 12 month induction and training programme and learning and development opportunities, including your care certificate & a diploma in Adult Care.
- Regular one to ones, annual appraisals, be allocated a peer buddy & assigned a learning mentor.
- Pension scheme
- 33 days' annual leave pro-rata (including bank holidays)
- discounts on high street and online shopping
- free employee assistance programme, available 24/7
Due to the location it is essential that you have a full drivers licence and a car.
Interviews are being held throughout February! If this sounds like something you are interested, click apply! Or refer a friend for up to £250!!
Here are some of the latest comments from candidates we have recently supported through the recruitment process and secure permanent employment ..
"My point of contact, Lyndsay, was fantastic and successful in helping me secure a role which suits my current career goals. I highly recommend Vetro recruitment as they really show they care through their excellent approachability and assistance" - Katrina
"Vetro recruitment have provided outstanding support towards my career journey, and in particular Lyndsay, about whom, I can only think of positive words to say. Whilst granting me with an array of opportunities she has allowed me to believe what I can achieve, and I have significantly grown in confidence throughout the recruitment process, all thanks to her outstanding and continuous support whenever it is needed" - Megan
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC GOLD accredited and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.