Easily accessible from Bridgend, Swansea, Neath, Carmarthen, The Vale of Glamorgan and Rhondda Cynon Taff, the home is perfectly situated in a location in Port Talbot offering the young people the best local amenities and access to rural areas too. The passionate team work tirelessly to advocate for and support the young people within the home aged 8-18 with emotional behavioural difficulties.
Salary: £23,700 plus overtime available!
Location: Port Talbot
Hours: Full time
Contract Type: Permanent
The organisation is a small yet established Children’s Residential provider with a small senior leadership team, whose priorities are the wellbeing of the young people and staff alike.
This role offers support and development for the right candidate looking to step up into a senior residential support worker role. Alternatively, a candidate already in a senior role looking for a new opportunity in a small organisation, with the children at the heart of their values and a dedicated, close-knit leadership team.
As a Senior Support Worker you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the management to run a successful staff team and all day to day operations of the home
- To assist the management team with the supervisions of junior staff
- Inducting new staff into the homes procedure and culture
- Ensuring the highest standards of care in relation to the young people’s physical, behavioural and emotional needs.
- Be the young person’s champion and as part of the wider team strive to ensure that they achieve their aspirations and full potential
- Assist senior staff with the writing and maintaining of placement and risk management plans
- Support young people in daily activities including family contact, attending local clubs, 1:1 activities in the community, promoting independence and social behaviour.
- Support and encourage educational engagement
- NVQ Level 3 in Children and Young People's Workforce - essential
- Experience working within a Residential Support Worker or Senior Residential Support Worker's position
- Experience in a residential children's home environment ideally with EBD
- Opportunity to complete your Level 5 in Leadership & Management
- Genuine career progression opportunities
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment. Click HERE for more details.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Care, we have over 100 years’ combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we’re here to help.
Vetro Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.