Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
Up to £24267 per annum
17 days ago
Alexandra Watts RGN
We are looking to appoint an experienced and compassionate Support Worker for a Team Leader position in a 2 bedded children's service based in Norton, Stoke on Trent.
The organisation provides Therapeutic care and are well known for their specialist interventions and assessment framework for Young People with a history of Sexualised Harmful Behaviour & Child Secual Exploitation.
- Salary: £24,267.00 p/annum
- Location: Norton, Stoke on Trent
- Shift Pattern: 5:2 over two week period
- Permanent, Full time position
Week 1 - Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday Sunday (followed by a sleep as and when required)
Week 2 - Wednesday, Thursday (followed by a sleep as and when required)
This is a rewarding opportunity to work with children in a residential care setting, providing day to day support, guidance and activities to children and teenagers, our aim and yours should be to transform the lives of looked-after children.
- Ability to lead staff teams to provide a high level of care.
- Provide a safe environment for the young people in our care.
- Experience leading or managing staff in a residential childcare setting.
- Be flexible and able to undertake shift work including weekends and sleep-ins.
- Full UK driving licence
- Diploma Level 3 qualified in Children and Young Persons Workforce, Social Work Degree or equivalent or willingness to work towards the above Level 3 qualification.
- Up to date knowledge of the current legislation governing the sector.
The Successful Candidate
- Level 2 or Level 5 Team Leader or Management qualification.
- Experience of Ofsted inspections.
- Understanding of attachment and trauma in relation to young people.
- Experience of professionals meetings and working constructively with the professional network.
Benefits You Can Enjoy
- Pension Auto-enrolment
- Pay Care Scheme, this is a company health care benefit.
- Perk Box, this allows the employees to get discounts or free offers on hundreds of well known high street brands.
- Annual Leave Service Award
- Childcare vouchers, aiming to assist employees with families.
For a full job description and more information on this role please call Alex on 029 21 660 880 or apply via this job ad.
At Vetro Recruitment, we have over 100 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Nursing acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Norton, Stoke on Trent