Up to £24000 per annum
20 days ago
Alexandra Watts RGN
We are looking to appoint a Senior Support Worker to join a Special Independent Residential School in Telford. The schools is committed to providing the highest standard of therapeutic care and education to their young people who have a diagnosis of Autism and complex needs.
The service looks after 8 - 19 year olds in their small homes secluded in a secure woodland community, with the school located on site; in addition to facilities such as a hydrotherapy pool, cinema & trampoline room and open horticulture area to grow fruit & vegetables.
In your new role as a Senior Support Worker you will be valued member of the team and you will therapeutically support the day to day activities of the Young People while promoting independence. You will have a positive impact on goals and ambitions and enhance their opportunities for their future.
About the Role
- Permanent full time position
- £24,000 per annum increasing to £24,500 after probation
- 6 full weeks annual leave per annum
- An NVQ Level 3 Children & Young People is essential for this position
- Weekly up-to date training opportunities
- Non-car drivers are welcomed
- Pension scheme
About the School
- Consistent CQC Rating of 'GOOD' ✓
- Facilities on site such as Hydrotherapy pool, cinema, trampoline rooms & horticultural gardens
- Summer trips away such as Disneyland Paris
- Full time Chefs & Cleaning staff on site to minimise your household duties & all meals provided on shift.
- A commitment to empowering people
- 2 years' experience in working with children and young people
- Level 3 diploma in working with Children and Young people is essential
- Self-direction and the ability to take responsibility
- Ability to remain calm in difficult situations
- A positive and compassionate nature
- Car drivers are prefferable but not essential
This is an exciting opportunity for you to continue and develop your career in the Care sector.
Staff Testimonial: 'After starting as a Support Worker I had lots of support/training and opportunities and was able to progress to the Team Leader role when the opportunity arose. The staff and management have been very supportive and the job is very rewarding, there are lots of opportunities to bring your own skills and talents to the job and this is promoted throughout the home and upon joining the company. Care staff work with the school to ensure that the best care is provided throughout the day.
I have felt very welcomed here and would recommend this service as a place to work. - Team Leader
To apply today please respond to this job ad; alternatively for more information, call Alexandra on 029 21 660 880 for a confidential chat.
At Vetro Recruitment, we have over 100 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.