Newton Abbot, Devon
£22425 - £23181 per annum + £40 per sleep in shift
6 months ago
We are looking for full-time and permanent Shift Leading Support Workers to join an organisation that supports children and young people with emotional behavioural difficulties and very challenging behaviour within a Children's Residential care setting in the Devon area.
* With Level 3 Children's Residential + 1 years' experience £19,341 plus £40 per sleep in = £23,181 per year.
* Without Level 3 Children's Residential £18,585 plus £40 per sleep in = £22,425 per year.
About the Organisation:
This organisation supports and educates children with emotional behavioural difficulties and very challenging behaviour within a residential setting. There are two newly built homes in Newton Abbot with 4 children to each home. Secure placements are offered to young people aged 11-18 who display challenging and harmful behaviours. The welfare of the children in this care setting is paramount and the aim is to create a positive living environment, taking a holistic approach, enabling these young people to achieve an independent and fulfilled life. Their highly qualified and experienced team share a vision and a passion to achieve excellent outcomes. They also have a high Ofsted and DfE registration standard.
* Providing an excellent standard of care for young people.
* Supporting children with challenging behaviour in their day to day lives.
* Create and maintain a positive routine and a positive living and learning environment.
* Ensure that health and safety regulations are adhered to.
* Ensure that staff are fully briefed before shifts and during handovers.
* Ensuring paperwork is completed on time.
* Work as part of a team.
* Work well under pressure.
* Able to be proactive, enthusiastic and empathetic.
The company offers Young People:
* Established individual houses in the community, each with a dedicated team of experienced, qualified and highly trained staff.
* Every young person has their own room.
* A comprehensive multi-disciplinary assessment environment that forms their therapeutic and behavioural plans for each young person.
* Full training provided.
* Positive working environment.
* Childcare Voucher Scheme.
* Refer a friend bonus - receive a £100 bonus after your referred friend has passed their probation period.
Experience and Qualifications:
* Shift Leaders will have experience in working within a Residential Child care setting and with challenging behaviour.
* Level 3 Diploma or equivalent in Children's Residential or Children and Young People is desirable.
* Able to take responsibility for and provide the care of young people.
* Able to form and maintain appropriate relationships and boundaries with children and young people.
* Full UK driving licence is essential due the very rural location of the setting and due to escorting the young people to contacts and activities.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Good Safeguarding knowledge.
* Leadership experience.
* Must be aged 23 or over due to the oldest child at the setting.
Are you this person? If so, please send your CV in or call to discuss your options.
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment. Click HERE for more details.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment, we have over 25 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.