£19341 - £23000 per annum + £40 per sleep in shift
8 months ago
*** CAR DRIVERS ONLY ***
We are looking for experienced full-time and permanent Senior Support Workers to join a well-established organisation that supports children and young people with emotional behavioural difficulties and very challenging behaviour in the Wiltshire area. Homes are based in Warminster, Frome, Radstock and Salisbury.
*** Interview Days - September 7th & 21st ***
Salary: A basic salary of £19,341 per year plus £40 per sleep in shift. Potential to earn £23,000 with sleep ins.
Week 1: Mon, Weds, Sat
Week 2: Tues, Fri, Sun
Week 3: Thursday
Shifts start at 10am and finish at 10:30am the following morning. 175 average hours per month (not including sleep ins).
About the Organisation:
This organisation supports and educates children with emotional behavioural difficulties and challenging behaviour within a residential setting. There are 2 4-bed homes in Warminster and secure placements are offered to young people aged 11-18 who display challenging and harmful behaviours. The welfare of the children in this care setting is paramount and the aim is to create a positive living environment, taking a holistic approach, enabling these young people to achieve an independent and fulfilled life. Their highly qualified and experienced team share a vision and a passion to achieve excellent outcomes. They also have a high Ofsted and DfE registration standard.
- Providing an excellent standard of care for young people.
- Supporting the provision of a positive home environment for the Young People in your care, working under the direction of the Registered Manager or Deputy Manager.
- Supporting children and young people with challenging behaviour in their day to day lives.
- If required, support the management of Young People's money and house cash.
- To create and maintain a positive routine and a positive living and learning environment.
- Ensure that health and safety regulations are adhered to.
- Ensure that staff are fully briefed before shifts and during handovers.
- Work as part of a team.
- Work well under pressure.
- Able to be proactive, enthusiastic and empathetic.
The company offers young people:
- Established individual houses in the community, each with a dedicated team of experienced, qualified and highly trained staff.
- Every young person has their own room.
- A comprehensive multi-disciplinary assessment environment that forms their therapeutic and behavioural plans for each young person.
- Full training provided.
- Positive working environment.
- 245hrs of annual leave.
- Childcare Voucher Scheme.
- Refer a friend bonus - receive a £100 bonus after your referred friend has passed their probation period.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Senior Support Workers will have experience in working in a Children's Residential care setting and with challenging behaviour.
- It is an essential requirement that Senior Support Workers hold a minimum Level 3 qualification in Residential Childcare or equivalent alternative.
- Able to take responsibility for and provide the care of young people.
- Able to form and maintain appropriate relationships and boundaries with children and young people.
- Full UK Manual Driving Licence and a car owner is essential.
- Able to work in the UK.
- Enhanced DBS clearance.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Safeguarding knowledge.
- Leadership experience.
- Must be 23 or over due to the oldest child at the setting.
Are you this person? If so, please send your CV in or call to discuss your options.
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment. Click HERE for more details.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment, we have over 25 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.