£18350 - £23390 per annum + £60 per sleep in shift
21 days ago
We are looking for enthusiastic and driven individuals who have Children's Residential Support Work or Senior Support Work experience to join a small independent Therapeutic Community in a rural setting in Wiltshire. You will be offering Residential Support to Children and Young People who have had a traumatic upbringing and display challenging behaviours. This is a full-time and permanent position.
The company is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. All applicants are expected to share this commitment and as such, all successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced Disclosure and Barring check.
Salary: Basic salary of £18,350 + £60 per sleep in. Potential to earn a yearly salary of £23,390, depending on the number of sleep in shifts completed.
About the Organisation:
The community offer a comprehensive, integrated programme of Residential, Educational and Therapeutic support for girls aged 9 to 17 years with profound and multiple needs in terms of their emotional, psychological and attachment development. They have developed consistently successful programmes for working with girls who present difficult to manage or chaotic behaviours- which may have been triggered by a number of factors which may include; self-harm, abuse, sexual exploitation, dysfunctional and/or destructive family patterns. The organisation helps girls to gain some awareness of how their experiences have resulted in a sense of chaos and confusion, culminating in an awareness of non- integration with themselves and alienation from society and promotes self-belief, confidence, motivation, trust, openness and resourcefulness. They work with young people, their families and other organisations to identify methods of working that understand, develop and change behaviours.
- To be able to take responsibility for organising the safe management of the shift in their absence.
- To plan and implement team allocation of staff.
- To lead the decision-making process through the use of risk assessment intervention.
- To be a named key worker for young person subject to shift leading responsibilities.
- To demonstrate ability to implement good quality childcare practice and be willing to get alongside and promote the needs of young people.
- To manage chaos, distress and confusion of the young people and work within a culture of enquiry.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years previous Children's Residential experience working with challenging behaviour and complex needs.
- Must be interested in supporting Young People in a therapeutic way.
- At least 23 years of age due to the age of the young people you will support.
- Must be a car driver with a Full/Clean UK Manual Driving Licence.
- Must hold or be working towards the NVQ Level 3 in Children's Residential.
- £60 per sleep in shift.
- 28 days Holiday (including bank holidays).
- Additional on the job training.
- Help through qualifications.
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment. Click HERE for more details.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment, we have over 25 years experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.