£35880 per annum
02921 660 880
6 months ago
Do you want to work for an organisation that is really supportive of their staff?
I am currently recruiting for a Shift Leader in a relaxed and settled EBD home in Gloucester that cares for 4 children.
As a shift leader, the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the Registered Manager to manage an efficient team by undertaking supervisory responsibilities and taking the lead in the day-to-day running of the home.
The successful candidate will have NVQ Level 3 in children and young people or residential childcare and ideally some experience of supporting others in the workplace.
Salary: £35,880 (sleep included - 9 sleeps a month)
Location: Gloucester, GL2
Permanent: full time - 37.5 hours per week
As a Shift Leader you will be responsible for;
- Deputising for the Registered Manager in their absence
- Maintaining a safe living and working environment for everyone, ensuring all health and safety procedures are adhered to
- Building positive relationships with children and young people and their families, to encourage self esteem, self worth and confidence.
- Working in an open and transparent manner; playing an active role in developing a safe, stimulating, enjoyable and creative environment that encourages young people to grow and develop to their full potential.
- Providing new experiences and opportunities for young people to expand their knowledge of the wider environment
- Undertaking the role of key worker to a young person; which includes update all key child’s paperwork such as service plans / risk assessments / behaviour management guidance / health plans / pathway plans and complete keyworking summaries on a monthly basis
- Promoting and supporting young people with social skills and building positive relationships and friendships, and participate in activities, both at school, in the local community and within the home.
- Both with colleagues and young people, actively promoting an anti-discriminatory environment and consistently offering constructive challenges to discriminatory or prejudicial language and behaviour as appropriate.
- Due to the nature of the work, we are only able to consider candidates with a full drivers licence
- This role will include sleep-ins and weekend and Bank Holiday work as part of your rota. From time to time this may include night waking duties
- The successful candidate should hold NVQ 3 in Health & Social Care - Children and Young People or similar. Depending on the level of experience, we may accept candidates who are working towards these qualifications.
If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from you. Click the ‘APPLY’ now!
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.