£21000 - £26000 per annum + £60 per sleep in shift
5 months ago
We are looking for a full-time and permanent Shift Leader / Senior Support Worker to work in an education and Therapeutic care provision that supports young girls aged 9-17 with emotional, social and behavioural difficulties and very challenging behaviour.
- Successful candidates will be paid a basic salary of £21,000 per year plus £60 per sleep in shift - potential to earn £26,000, subject to number of sleep in shifts completed.
Shift Pattern: 1 on / 2 off
Week 1: Mon, Thurs, Sun
Week 2: Weds, Sat
Week 3: Tues, Fri
Shifts are 07:30 - 07:30 - 24hr sleep in shifts.
About the Organisation:
The organisation is based within a small community in the area of Westbury, Wiltshire. They offer a comprehensive, integrated programme of Residential, Educational and Therapeutic support for girls aged 9-17 with profound and multiple needs in terms of their emotional, psychological and attachment development. It is home for up to 15 girls and young women with provision for 39-week day or residential placements. It has full DfES Registration and has been consistently rated as 'Good' by Ofsted.
The company is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. All applicants are expected to share this commitment and as such, all successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced Disclosure and Barring check.
- To provide a professional social work service to young people residing in the care setting.
- To demonstrate commitment and enthusiasm for young people, resolving their difficulties and working therapeutically.
- To successfully work under pressure.
- Ensuring the safety of the service users and maintaining an up to date knowledge of each individual's; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Working in a therapeutic environment, supporting children with profound emotional and behavioural difficulties.
- Ability to work and adhere to the guidelines of Safeguarding Children and Young People and Working Together 2015 document.
- Be passionate about making a difference to the young people residing at the community.
- Full on the job training provided.
- Positive working environment.
Experience and Qualifications:
- NVQ Level 3 in Children and Young People's Residential Care or Health and Social Care or be working towards it.
- Experience working at a level of responsibility with children and young people within a residential setting.
- Extensive children's residential care experience.
- Line management experience at a senior level.
- Availability to participate in the on-call duties rota.
- Ability to plan, organise, initiate, and monitor workload of self and others.
- Ability to communicate to small and large groups.
- Must be a car driver with a Full/Clean UK Driving Licence.
- Must be over the age of 23 due to the oldest child at the setting.
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment. Click HERE for more details.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment, we have over 25 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.