£17493 - £22216 per annum
11 months ago
Alexandra Watts RGN
We are recruiting for a Residential Support Worker and a Shift Leader in a Residential Children's home who provide care and support children and young people aged 7-19 years old with communication and associated difficulties, typically as a result of autism or Asperger's Syndrome. These difficulties can impact on their emotional wellbeing and behaviour and create barriers to learning. The home is linked to its' specialist School based in Pilning, Bristol.
The children's home is part of a positive, vibrant and collaborative community where every child and young person is given the care, support and levels of challenge needed to develop not just their academic abilities, but also their self-confidence, life skills and independence.
Our passionate and committed care team are looking for like-minded people to join them in supporting children and young people with challenges to have the best opportunities to succeed in life.
- 40 hours per week - part time considered
- Annual Salary - £17,493 - £21,216 dependant on experience and qualifications
- Support the already longstanding team through effective leadership and coaching whilst in direct contact with the children and young people
- Supporting management with review of the team's performance and quality of care
- Act as an advocate and support the development of individual and team practice
- Lead shifts on a regular basis ensuring that all expectations and daily duties are completed
- In depth knowledge and understanding of current legislation and
- QCF Level 3 in Childcare or a QCF Level 3 in Residential Childcare
- Full UK driving licence required
Be part of our successful team and also benefit from a generous package that includes:
- Life assurance
- Pension plan
- High street discounts
- Child care vouchers
- Employee assistance programme
- Paid Holiday
- Training and Development
To register your interest for this role, please apply with your CV via this ad.
Alternatively you can call Alex for a confidential chat on 029 21 660 880.
At Vetro Recruitment, we have over 25 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.