£19968 - £21296 per annum
7 months ago
Alexandra Watts RGN
We are recruiting for a Senior Residential Support Worker in Bristol for a provider of education and care for young people with special educational needs and disabilities. The home houses 7 people aged 19+.
The home is CQC registered and they offer 52-week residential placements for young adults requiring structured and supported living care. Many of the residents will require 1:1 support throughout their day whilst encouraging autonomy and independence.
Our passionate and committed care team are looking for like-minded people to join them in supporting children and young people with challenges to have the best opportunities to succeed in life.
Your responsibilities will include ensuring that all resident receive a high standard of care and support whilst living and learning in a safe, clean and homely environment where they are encouraged to be as active as they can be in their local community.
- Permanent Full time role, 40 hours per week
- Annual Salary - £19,968.00 - £21,216.00 dependant on experience
- QCF Level 3 in Childcare or a QCF Level 3 in Residential Childcare
- Full UK Driving licence required
- Support the positive management of a team through effective motivating and coaching and work directly with children and young people.
- Act as a role model and support the development and improvement of individual and team practice.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures and ensure that these are followed by team members.
- Support training and development of the team, particularly development towards QCF and other mandatory training.
- To lead shifts on a regular basis ensuring that all duties and expectations are carried out on that shift and being accountable for this.
- Ensure that the Duty Rota and planners are complete and that adequate cover is available at all times.
- Ensure professional, empathetic and informative relationships with families, carer's, advocates and professionals.
- To have knowledge of and understand relevant Legislation. Keep abreast of legislative changes.
- Adhere to all organisational policies and procedures
- A robust, positive and creative approach in meeting the needs of young adults.
- Good interpersonal, communication and team working skills.
- Able to work within the parameters of the physical demands of the job role.
- Be able to work within a rota pattern (which includes evenings, weekends and some unsocial hours)
Be part of our successful team and also benefit from a generous package that includes:
- Life assurance
- Pension plan
- High street discounts
- Child care vouchers
- Employee assistance programme
- Paid Holiday
- Training and Development
To register your interest for this role, please apply with your CV via this ad.
Alternatively you can call Alex for a confidential chat on 029 21 660 880.
At Vetro Recruitment, we have over 25 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.