- Title: Assessment Social Worker
- Salary: Up to £46,000
- Location: Redhill, Surrey
- Hours: Full time
An Assessment Social Worker is required to join a newly established family service that due to its current success is looking to expand its current team so that it can increase on their current offering. This is a rare opportunity to work in an environment that has a small consistent caseload enabling you to build long-term relationships with families and other professionals whilst working within a stable team.
Duties will include
- Managing a caseload of 3 at any one time, whilst the pace of work is much slower than in local authority settings you will need to have some resilience as you will be working with these cases on a long-term basis
- Completing a range of assessments and reports within deadlines
- Chairing various meetings
- Liaising with other professionals involved in the cases and maintaining good working relationships with supporting agencies
- Taking the lead on specific parenting programmes
- Produce statements and give evidence in court
- Take referrals and secure placement planning meetings
- Achieve the best outcomes for our children and families and sustain them in their communities.
- Undertaking statutory duties in accordance with National Standards and Regulations
- Have a good knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations.
The successful candidate:
What you will need to be a successful Supervising Social Worker
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- 2 years of Qualifying experience is desirable
- Current SWE registration
- Experience of undertaking specialist PAM's assessments,
- Knowledge and experience of using a psychodynamic framework as a tool in understanding family dynamics to support families to reach their potential.
- Experience in undertaking parenting programs
- Experience of working in safeguarding
- Experience in giving evidence in court
- Granted key worker status
- Competitive salary
- Progression and CPD opportunities
- A host of family-friendly leave options including company Maternity Paternity and Adoption pay; together with all family additional leave options
- A full range of free training is available
- Sickness Benefit Scheme
- Generous Pension Scheme