Leeds, West Yorkshire
£30000 - £35000 per annum
15 days ago
I have a superb opportunity for a Social Worker to work within mental health service based in Leeds, West Yorkshire. The service provides care and support to adult females with severe mental illness.
About the role:
- To meet the standards set out in the Professional Capabilities Framework of Practice for Social Care Workers
- To be registered with the HCPC
- To ensure an accurate holistic and up to date, social history is available for each service user, which offers formulations and recommendations.
- When it is part of an agreed care plan focussed casework with individual service users using a range of interventions under supervision.
- With the service user permission initiate visit and maintain contact with service user's families and/or significant others offering support, information and where relevant to the care plan joint family and service user sessions.
- To liaise with Social Care Departments and integrated NHS Trusts to ensure that reports and attendance by a representative are available for Mental Health Reviews Tribunals. Where necessary prepare reports for Mental Health Review Tribunals and Hospital Managers appeals and attend hearings in collaboration with Social Services Departments.
- To act as Appropriate Adult under Place and Criminal Evidence Act 1984
- To play a co-ordinating role in the process of section 117 Mental Health Act 1983 aftercare plans with the relevant community agencies which meet the needs of the service user and takes full account of risk factors.
- BA / MA in Social Work, Diploma in Social Work, CQSW, CSS or other recognised qualification.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation
- Demonstrate ability to assess need and risk
- Demonstrate the ability to manage a caseload
- Ability to deal sensitively with stressful and distressing situations for service users, relatives, and carers
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to assimilate complex information
- Understanding of Anti-Discriminatory and Anti Oppressive Practice
- Experience of working with people who have Mental health problems
- Experience of working within a multi-Disciplinary Team in Community or hospital setting.
£30,000 - £35,000 working full time, plus extensive benefits and career progression opportunities.
**If the opportunity is of interest please click apply below with an up to date CV**