£27000 - £30000 per annum
5 months ago
We are currently recruiting for a full-time and permanent Qualified Social Worker to join a UK leading company, offering independent behavioural care for commissioners across the UK.
You would be working alongside Young People with self-harming behaviours and eating disorders, as well as comorbid conditions.
Salary: £27,000 - £30,000 a year.
Hours: 37.5 hrs per week.
About the Organisation:
This is a leading Education and Children's Services company in the UK offering independent behavioural care for commissioners across the UK. With over 100 high quality schools, colleges and homes they focus on making a real and lasting difference for everyone that they support. They offer individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The role will cover four Priory Education and Children's Services across the Stroud area, supporting young people with self-harming behaviours and eating disorders, as well as comorbid conditions.
The Role of Social Worker:
- To conduct a comprehensive and objective evaluation of the client's current status,
- environment and functional abilities, including risk assessment of clients, staff and the wider community.
- Manages, monitors and reviews an assigned caseload ascertaining the socio-economic
circumstances of clients, ensuring that the relevant people are made aware of the client's situation. Maintains accurate and timely records detailing each patient's rehabilitation progress.
- To take the lead on POVA or Child Protection issues and take appropriate action with those statutory services. To apply working knowledge of statutory and company policies and procedures to set a strategy for protecting potentially vulnerable clients.
- Assists and supports colleagues and relatives in understanding and interpreting changes in legislation and statutory regulations.
- To collaborate and to act as main contact between relatives, agencies and other official organisations co-ordinating negotiations and communications regarding admissions, discharges and long-term needs.
- To co-ordinate health, rehabilitation, social service, medico-legal and voluntary agencies to ensure an individually tailored programme is provided for each client, to establish the necessary level of care and to liaise with external agencies to help obtain the funding and services necessary to meet ongoing needs.
- Responsible for the supervision and practice teaching of students and trainees assigned to the unit.
- Degree in Social Work.
- GSCC Registered.
- Full/Clean UK Driving Licence.
Experience working as a qualified practitioner within a relevant mental health setting where the role holder has gained first-hand experience in working with both Social Services, the NHS, Housing departments, legal agencies and the Department of Works and Pensions in order to coordinating and implementing the processes and procedures required under current legislation.
- Good communication skills both verbally and written.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Able to prioritise workload.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Able to use own initiative.
- Emotional robustness.
- Knowledge of eating disorders and or self-injury (Desirable).
It is important to note that at this point, the role does not involve case management responsibilities. Rather, the successful candidate would work in tandem with the case manager, with a specific focus on social wellbeing and development, safeguarding and local authority liaison.
It is an excellent opportunity to have an important role within a relatively small team to ensure that the service is meeting its duty to the young people that use it.
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment. Click HERE for more details.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment, we have over 25 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.