Leeds, West Yorkshire
£30000 - £35000 per annum
about 1 month ago
i have a superb opportunity for an experienced Social Worker to work within a specialist mental health and complex care service based in Guiseley, Leeds providing care and support to adults on their path to recovery.
About the role:
- As an experienced registered Social Worker, you will undertake a comprehensive assessment of the service user's social care needs with supervision.
- You will take the lead in promoting anti-discriminatory practice in a way that links the service user individual circumstances to the broader, social, political-legal and cultural context
- To meet the standards set out in the Professional Capabilities Framework of Practice for Social Care Workers
- To be registered with the HCPC
- To ensure an accurate holistic and up to date, social history is available for each service user, which offers formulations and recommendations.
- When it is part of an agreed care plan focussed casework with individual service users using a range of interventions under supervision.
- With the service user permission initiate visit and maintain contact with service user's families and/or significant others offering support, information and where relevant to the care plan joint family and service user sessions.
- To liaise with Social Care Departments and integrated NHS Trusts to ensure that reports and attendance by a representative are available for Mental Health Reviews Tribunals. Where necessary prepare reports for Mental Health Review Tribunals and Hospital Managers appeals and attend hearings in collaboration with Social Services Departments.
- To act as Appropriate Adult under Place and Criminal Evidence Act 1984
- To play a co-ordinating role in the process of section 117 Mental Health Act 1983 aftercare plans with the relevant community agencies which meet the needs of the service user and takes full account of risk factors.
- In conjunction with the responsible Social Services Department or Integrated NHS assist in the assessment of suitable aftercare placements working across professional boundaries.
- BA / MA in Social Work, Diploma in Social Work, CQSW, CSS or other recognised qualification.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation
- Demonstrate ability to assess need and risk
- Demonstrate the ability to manage a caseload
- Ability to deal sensitively with stressful and distressing situations for service users, relatives, and carers
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to assimilate complex information
- Understanding of Anti-Discriminatory and Anti Oppressive Practice
- Experience of working with people who have Mental health problems
- Experience of working within a multi-Disciplinary Team in Community or Hospital setting
- Working within the Care Programme Approach Framework
£30,000 - £35,000 working full time 37.5 hours per week, extensive benefits and career progression opportunities.
**if this opportunity is of interest please ensure your CV is up to date before applying below**