Blaenau Gwent, Wales
Up to £75000 per annum
28 days ago
have an excellent opportunity for a Specialty Doctor to work across 2 sites near Aberbeeg, you will be working with a high quality step-down service and a lo-secure unit. Working 3 days at 1 site and 2 at the other site with full support from from an excellent MDT.
The role involves:
- Ensuring an adequate handover to colleagues including out of hours.
- Reviewing the mental state of patients as per the hospital procedure.
- Ensuring that each patient has a full physical health screen upon admission including physical examination, ECG and bloods (the hospital has some phlebotomists).
- Taking a lead with managing any physical health concerns that emerge during inpatient stay.
- Seeking collateral history from other professionals and family.
- Completing discharge letters/reports/s62 forms as required in a timely manner.
- Preparing mental health review tribunal and Hospital Managers' hearing reports under supervision of Consultant.
- Depending on your experience, providing oral evidence at Tribunals and Hospital Managers' hearings under the supervision of Consultant.
- Contributing to the service development by participating in Clinical Governance activities by conducting audits, research and teaching.
- Work effectively with colleagues to ensure that patients have access to appropriate medical cover at all times.
- Providing prospective cover to other specialty doctors when they are on leave.
About the role:
- Full GMC registration
- Experience working in psychiatry within multi-disciplinary teams
- To be in good standing with the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- To have had an appraisal/RITA within the last year
- At least 3 years' experience in Psychiatry
- Experience working as a doctor within a general adult, rehabilitation or forensic setting
- MRCPsych (desirable)
- Section 12 (2) approval (desirable)
- AC status in Wales (desirable)
£75,000 working full time 37.5 hours per week, plus extensive benefits and progression to more senior roles.
**Apply below with an up to date CV and one of our consultants will be in contact to discuss further**