Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
Up to £37500 per annum
about 1 month ago
I have an excellent role for a Speech & Language Therapist to work within a specialist care centre based in Stoke on Trent providing neuro rehab services to those suffering from ABI, Spinal cord and other neurological illnesses.
About the role:
- You will be working with the local multi-disciplinary team to provide specialist assessments and interventions for the people.
- You will have scope to develop your practice in accordance with best practice guidelines and will have the opportunity to provide both individual and group work, as well as provide consultancy to the extended clinical team regarding how to best support our service users.
- You will hold a degree in Speech & Language Therapy, be a registered member of the RCSLT and HCPC.
- Ideally you will have completed the RCSLT's NQP competencies, but if you have not, support will be provided.
- Supervision will be provided and opportunities for CPD will be supported.
- Opportunities for networking with other SLTs both within the organisation and externally will be encouraged.
- Participating in resident care planning and contributing to review reports
- Being responsible for managing own caseload and completing a range of assessments and treatments for individuals who present with a wide range of swallowing and communication disorders including aphasia, dysphagia, cognitive communication disorder and dysarthria either on their own or with members of the MDT
- Contributing to service development, policy development (when required) and delivering staff training
- Be a qualified Speech and Language Therapist with a minimum of two years' experience
- Be competent in dysphagia and tracheostomy
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
£37,500 working full time, plus extensive benefits and clear career progression opportunities.
**If this exciting role if of interest please click apply below with an up to date CV**