£60 - £75 per day
5 months ago
Positions: Cover Supervisor/Teaching Assistant roles
Salary: £60 to £70 per day
- Are you a recent sports graduate looking for an exciting new career?
- Are you a sports coach looking to progress into education?
- Do you want to make a difference to the lives of children in a school environment?
About the Role.
A well known high school in Cardiff is looking to appoint Sport Graduates to work as cover supervisors with KS3 Classes .The ideal candidates will have a background in sport whether that be a sport coach, graduate or professional. The role will initially start on an Ad Hoc basis, however there is potential for the requirement to turn into a long-term position as cover supervisors are becoming more popular and in demand' within Secondary Schools.
Sport Graduates are well thought after and preferred within Secondary Establishments due to their diverse skills and interpersonal approach and background. If you are interested in undertaking a great new role that will challenge you, where you
Working as a Cover Supervisor can be very rewarding but also very demanding. The main job of a Cover Supervisor is to manage a classroom, ensuring that students remain on task with the work they have been set by an absent teacher.
What will your school day look like?
- Covering lessons in the absence of the timetabled teacher
- Supervising the delivery of the cover work by effectively communicating the work set to students
- Ensuring that the required resources needed in order to effectively deliver the covered lessons are available
- Managing the behaviour of pupils whilst they are undertaking set work to ensure a positive learning environment
- Responding to any questions from pupils about process and procedures
- Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies in accordance with school policy and procedures
- Collecting completed work after the lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher
- Reporting back as appropriate, using the school's standard procedures on the behaviour of pupils during the class, and any issues arising.
Are you who the school is looking for?
- You will have Previous experience of working with children
- You will have the Confidence to control a class (often with no classroom assistants)
- You should have The ability to be flexible and work within a multitude of subjects
- You should be able to Assure that the class complete the work that is left by the class teacher
- You Need to Be open minded and think on your feet
This is a great opportunity for anyone currently working in the education system. We can offer you experience in a wide range of settings, which will enable you to further develop your knowledge and experience whilst building upon career goals.
Not sure if being a Cover Supervisor is for you? Contact us to find out more about our Introduction to Cover Supervising courses.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment, we have over 100 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help. www.vetrorecruitment.co.uk Vetro recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunity employer and decisions are made on merits alone.