York, North Yorkshire
£25304 - £34169 per annum
3 days ago
i have a superb opportunity for a staff nurse RMN RNLD to work within a medium secure hospital based in York. The service provides care and support to adults with varying levels of mental illness, LD and some autism. **Preceptorship available**
- Deliver prescribed care to a defined group within an agreed framework.
- Assess, plan and deliver, with the patient and their carer/family, nursing care which takes account of patient choice and wishes and acting as the patients named nurse.
- Accurately observe and engage with patients in order to assess their need and evaluate their progress.
- Monitor and review Nursing Care plans.
- Evaluate and respond to changes in patient condition and needs.
- Deal proactively and effectively with suggestions and complaints from patients and their families / carers.
- Contribute to a team approach to patient care in conjunction with all members of the Multi-Disciplinary team
- Participate in regular clinical and non-clinical meetings and attend other meetings as requested
- Prioritise nursing duties and delegate appropriately and effectively within the shift co-ordination Framework, working as nurse in charge as required, ensuring as far as reasonable practicable a safe environment.
- Qualified Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN), with 6-12 months post registration experience with active NMC Registration and completed preceptorship programme.
- Knowledge of NMC guidelines, requests and professional practices.
- Evidence of post registration continuing professional development.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and commitment to change, improvement and quality.
- Ability to develop and use flexible and innovative approaches to practise.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
£25,304 - £34,169 working full time 37.5 hours per week, extensive benefits and career progression opportunities.