Trafford, Greater Manchester
£20000 - £22000 per annum
6 months ago
I have a superb opportunity for a Community Nurse with experience in oxygen and respiratory therapies to work within the Trafford area of Manchester. The range of healthcare services includes: home oxygen therapy, sleep diagnostics, CPAP treatment and adherence management, telehealth through managed telehealth, ventilation therapy, nebuliser therapy and emergency oxygen.
- Work as an autonomous practitioner in partnership with other health/social care professionals, using specialised skills and knowledge to assess, monitor and review the physical, social and psychological needs of the patients with respiratory diagnosis.
- Develop care plans and instigate therapeutic treatments based on comprehensive patient-focused assessments and best available evidence (national guidelines, latest research and expert opinion) to improve health outcomes.
- Assessment of patients for long term and or ambulatory oxygen therapy in accordance with National Guidelines.
- Empower patients to actively manage their own conditions, improving their quality of life and encouraging behaviour change strategies e.g. Smoking cessation, pulmonary rehabilitation, home exercise regimes, improved concordance with oxygen, medications and symptom management.
- To undertake community oxygen assessments, including the use of capillary blood gases, their interpretation and appropriate prescription of oxygen delivery systems. To communicate the results of the assessments to the GP's hospital respiratory services and other clinical staff involved with the patient care.
Skills and Qualifications;
- Qualified NMC or equivalent registered Nurse or Respiratory Healthcare Professional preferably experience in respiratory care
- Demonstrable track record of achievement in your field
- Training and educational skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- The ability to analyse issues and problem solve
- Must be a team player but able to work on own initiative, be innovative and resourceful, yet have a compassionate and caring attitude.
Staff Nurse Band 5 £20,000 - £22,000 working 30 hours per week, totally flexible on start times and hours can be worked over 4 or 5 days (6-7.5 hours per day) extensive benefits and career progression opportunities.
** if this opportunity is of interest please click apply below with an up to date CV**