£16700 - £19500 per annum + Depending on shift pattern
6 months ago
-Term Time only roles or Full year jobs available
-Day and Night job roles available depending on preference
-Role based on up to 40 hours per week
- Salary from £16,700- £19,500 depending on experience & availability.
The Main Purpose of Job:
Student Support Assistants (SSA's) work under the direction of teacher/tutor and Residential Manager and in this case, their main purpose is to assist students who need help because of their disabilities.
Shifts include early shifts (7am start), late shifts (10 pm or 10.30 pm finish) and alternate weekends (can sometimes be flexible).
- Preparation of materials for all lessons and clearing up afterwards e.g. photocopying, laminating, assisting with classroom displays and preparing teaching materials
- Helping "set up" students with a range of computer equipment
- Assisting with therapy programmes.
- Working alongside the therapists to encourage students to effectively access the whole curriculum
- Guiding students in carrying out the work set by the teacher (this may be as the person in charge of a small group with no teacher present)
- Helping with maintenance of teaching aids and equipment in classrooms
- There is a requirement for SSA's scribe or invigilate during examinations up to GCSE or A' level standard
- Support teachers/tutors in maintaining good records of student progress
Care Support Duties:
- To help implement all aspects of individual care plans, including the administering of drugs and medication, in line with required school policy and procedure.
- Helping students in all aspects of daily living including washing, dressing, bathing, showering and after toilet hygiene.
- Implement the individual Young Persons Plans.
- Assist students with their nutritional requirements, e.g. serving meals, assisting with feeding, preparing drinks, meals and snacks
- Assisting in changing students and participating in PE and Swimming. (Personal circumstances will be considered)
- Previous experience of working in a caring environment and/or with people with a learning difficulty or disability would be an advantage
- Commitment to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of students
- Willingness and ability to undertake job related training and utilise new skills and knowledge to enable improved support
- To be able to provide personal care relevant to the students' needs
In return you will be eligible for the following benefits:
-Pension from start of employment up to a max of 7.5%
- Life Insurance
- Childcare Vouchers
- Health Cash plan
- Competitive Sick pay
- Generous Holiday leave.
- Training and Development
- Discounted Gym membership
- Perk Box
- Cycle to work scheme
- Occupational Health Service
- Access to on-site swimming pool
- Working in the lovely village of Alton
At Vetro Care, we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.