£15679 - £18269 per annum
8 days ago
We are looking for Student Support Assistants to join an organisation that provides education, care, therapy and medical support to young people with physical and learning disabilities.
The organisation provides education, care, therapy, medical support and independence training to young people with physical disabilities from all over the UK and overseas. Their aim is to prepare these young people for adult life, giving them the confidence and skills to achieve their full potential.
Term Time only roles or Full year positions available
Day and Night positions available depending on preference
- Earning potential would be up to around £15,659- £18,269 depending on qualifications.
- Shifts include early shifts (7am start), late shifts (10 pm or 10.30 pm finish) and alternate weekends (can sometimes be flexible).
- Pension from start of employment up to a max of 7.5%
- Life Insurance
- Childcare Vouchers
- Health Cash plan
- Competitive Sick pay
- Generous Holiday leave.
- Training and Development
- Discounted Gym membership
- Perk Box
- Cycle to work scheme
- Occupational Health Service
- Access to on-site swimming pool
The Main Purpose of Job:
Student Support Assistants (SSA's) work under the direction of teacher/tutor and Residential Manager and their main purpose is to assist students who need help because of their disabilities.
- Preparation of materials for all lessons and clearing up afterwards e.g. photocopying, laminating, assisting with classroom displays and preparing teaching materials
- Helping "set up" students with a range of computer equipment
- Assisting with therapy programmes.
- Working alongside the therapists to encourage students to effectively access the whole curriculum
- Guiding students in carrying out the work set by the teacher (this may be as the person in charge of a small group with no teacher present)
- Helping with maintenance of teaching aids and equipment in classrooms
- There is a requirement for SSA's scribe or invigilate during examinations up to GCSE or A' level standard
- Support teachers/tutors in maintaining good records of student progress
Care Support Duties
- To help implement all aspects of individual care plans, including the administering of drugs and medication, in line with required school policy and procedure.
- To encourage the students to do as much as possible for themselves by guiding them and showing them what to do when necessary.
- Helping students in all aspects of daily living including washing, dressing, bathing, showering and after toilet hygiene.
- Implement the individual Young Persons Plans.
- Assist students with their nutritional requirements, e.g. serving meals, assisting with feeding, preparing drinks, meals and snacks
- Assisting in changing students and participating in PE and Swimming. (Personal circumstances will be considered)
- To assist students to achieve their ILP/IEP goals
- To keep robust records in line with regulatory requirements
- Assisting with outings that are taking groups or individual students off site
- Previous experience of working in a caring environment and/or with people with a learning difficulty or disability
- A commitment to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of students
- Willingness and ability to undertake work related training and utilise new skills and knowledge to enable improved support
- To be able to provide personal care relevant to the students' needs
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 25 years experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £15,659.00 to £18,269.00 /year